Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Apparently I agreed to go to the Polar Express today. Not too much else on the docket.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I took the tri bike out for a 21 mile jaunt around town. It's 35 degrees out but I managed to stay pretty warm. Wife bought me some awesome Gore windblocker pants. Thanks to my recent marathon training cycle, my bike fitness has gone all to hell. It's nice to be pedaling again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Judging by the stench wafting out of my body, I ate too much kielbasa and spinach at last night's Christmas party.

Time to pedal a bike around the forest. Maybe the propellant coming out the rear might assist getting up the hills.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Smoked a chicken for Football. I used apple and cherry wood I scrounged up. I brined it and put it on for the required time. Came out all dried out and not so good. Tasted funny too....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I had an okay ride this evening but I am not sure how happy I should be about my HR having been pegged to the red line for 32% of the time. I guess I am a bit sick.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got a sitter and went to see Three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri with my wife. Really good movie. Really nice to get out with her. Was filmed in Pisgah I think. Makes me want to ride there even more!

Went for a ride today. Warm, and a mix of sun and cloud. So nice to get out for a quiet, unpainful ride. À bit muddy in places, but good overall.

Got home and some friends were over with their kids. Had lunch and went to the pool with my two boys, my friend and one of his kids. We went to the university pool as my local pool is closed for seasonal cleaning. It was awesome: there's a diving tower, bubbles, a diving board, a rope swing, a water slide, a warm kiddie pool, swim lanes (and lots of fit university students... :brows:) we will be going back!

Had a great beer and chicken is almost done. Almost time for a second beer. Great Sunday overall.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
today was a work on shit around the house day, We got a lot done. Trees trimmed, last of the motion detector porch lights installed, replaced the outside dryer exhaust vent cover, lawn mowed, Took a lot of not worn but almost new condition clothing to St Vincent DePaul Warm Jackets, Pants, Shits and windbreakers.Then I hit the local outdoor store for some new gear. Amazon for some tourniquets and quick clot for my med bags ( new county EMS requirement) and for me some new bike tires for the Colnago. Leftovers for dinner

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Smoked a chicken for Football. I used apple and cherry wood I scrounged up. I brined it and put it on for the required time. Came out all dried out and not so good. Tasted funny too....
Your wood may have been contaminated or you brined it too long. If it tasted more like ham than chicken, then you definitely brined it too long. Small yard birds only need a few hours tops, not like turkeys which require brining over night.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got a late afternoon lap in at Thuper Awethum. Would loved to have gone somewhere further and hillier on my only day off this week, but I needed rest after working 15 hr days. Next week should be about the same.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fixed a gate, snows on two cars, garage functionally organized, workbench situated, locks changed, kitchen faucet changed, washer/dryer worked on, handicap ramp removed, and the baby room is ready. Go a bunch done this weekend and it feels like I didn't get shit done.

Wifey bought a replacement kitchen faucet because the pullout sprayer wasn't retracting all of the way. I didn't have a chance to look at it before she did such, so I just went along with it. Just a cheap and easy option - $70 off Amazon and it matches. Total PITA to get it installed, but I got it done in an hour or so. After I get it installed, I can see the manufacturer of the one I took out. It's Kohler and it's a $1000 faucet. It just needs a larger replacement weight for the sprayer to retract on its own. I took the weight off the new one just to test my theory and it retracts fine with the added weight. :facepalm: The removed faucet will be staying in the garage until the replacement fails.

Also Haley's sick and has been all weekend. Guess I'm staying home tomorrow and working on things here.