Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cold, foggy and drizzling here this morning. Also my next door buddy left for a ride with his buds without me because I showed up at his door one minute late. :stosh: Solo ride in LLF it is.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Didn’t get to the camper yesterday so today it’s gonna be Coffee, then camper work. Need to decide what our goals are but I think we aim to get new flooring laid down, new countertop built, reseal all the propane fittings, and build a sliding platform for our cooler. Might unbuild the hot water system, we’ll see.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Got home, went to do dishes, taking dishes out of dishwasher they were decidedly still dirty, wet, and a funky smell.....

Decided it was a good time to replace the dishwasher. ... an hour later..... new unit installed..... helps when it was in the garage waiting for me.

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
Sunday is done. Rode the short travel bike on a track I normally ride the big bike and had a hoot.
Painted warhammer figures with the boy.

Made curry for dinner and the girl and the boy destroyed there share.

And sat down with some cheese cake with a brownie base to help keep me awake for the World Cup DH on red bull.

Not a bad day in all

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Quick lap on Mountain Lion this morning, or it would have been quick had I not ripped an EXO sidewall on the downhill. Lot is 42 minutes from home with no traffic on the back roads. Drew Hill Rd is getting pretty potholed out in places!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got paint to cover the spots on the back of the house from the old pergola and new siding. However I have the girls all to myself today, preventing me from accomplishing anything today.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Motor assist would make running DH casings an easy decision
I know, I know. The problem is that it’s also a plus bike in addition to having the electric bits.

I’m on a 27.5 x 2.8” DHF/DHR II setup now. There are no options for the DHR II other than EXO or EXO+ when wider than 2.4”.

For now I’ll go with tubes. Down the road maybe relace the wheel to 29”?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I know, I know. The problem is that it’s also a plus bike in addition to having the electric bits.

I’m on a 27.5 x 2.8” DHF/DHR II setup now. There are no options for the DHR II other than EXO or EXO+ when wider than 2.4”.

So it's Husky sized then ?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

I'd downsize both ends to 2.4 DH casing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Toshi went full e-fat bike. Never go full e-fat bike.
I didn't realize it was that bad...

@Toshi - as a group, we all need to have a sit down talk with you. This is an intervention. You have a problem. You might not realize it, but you have jumped on every trend aspect of mountain biking for the last 5 years, packed them all into one bike, and thought it was a good idea. It's not. Not at all. Remember when you used to look for the unique - like your Cannfield?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hung out with my neighbors kid. Played basketball with him and a few of the neighborhood kids. I cooked them hotdogs and hamburgers. I taught them how to play (cheat) dice and some new swear words (I suspect they knew them already). His Mom is in jail and his older Sister is taking care of him. She is 19. Solid girl. Works at the Nursing Home as a Sous Chef. I cut her lawn with a old time grandpa lawn mower. I nearly died. I am going to take them to the Go-Cart track for his birthday.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I didn't realize it was that bad...

@Toshi - as a group, we all need to have a sit down talk with you. This is an intervention. You have a problem. You might not realize it, but you have jumped on every trend aspect of mountain biking for the last 5 years, packed them all into one bike, and thought it was a good idea. It's not. Not at all. Remember when you used to look for the unique - like your Cannfield?
I quite enjoy my two wheeled conveyance. Besides the stupid sidewalls, that is.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Because plus tires are fuckin' worthless.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Gravel race today, 40 miles on the military base using their gravel training area roads. Feel like I crushed it relatively. Maybe 50-60 riders? Rode my fat-bike. It's fun going over every bad bump and rock and trying to get everyone to follow you. At one point, the "gravel" was more like baby-head river-rock size for a few miles, I just coasted through that stuff. Saw a few flat tires from that section. Any section on pavement though or where I can't draft behind someone is murder. As long as I can draft I can keep up fine. Towards the end it goes into double track and then a bumpy descent down to a boardwalk, preceded by a kind of table-top, then stairs at the end of the boardwalk. Then a crappy high resistance climb up, then some more gravel and then it gets bumpy again for a final descend down a ski area access road, then breaks out pavement for half a mile or so. Had 2 others I was drafting with until I dropped them when the more tech stuff started, but was only able to barely keep my lead at the end due to all the crazy wind resistance pedaling on the pavement. Somewhere around 15th I think though, which I am well happy with coming back from surgery and riding a freaking fat-bike when everyone else is on 1" tires. Did it for Kidwoo.
01c497b898f4c9abd674e64e22ba8156d830c2757b.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There's more than one now? Graps to wikipedia. Go figure. It was the OG 650.
There is a 300, 650 and 1000 now. I had a gen 1 SV650S back in the day. Direct competitor to your Versys. Really nice all around bike, but it just wasn't interesting enough to deal with all the gear and BS required for a motorcycle.