Quantcast

Sunline Problems

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I have been wondering why my bike was creaking for the past few days and when I pulled the fork off I found the upper headset cup had sheared IN HALF!!!! The headset is a sunline v2. Has anyone else had this problem or know how sunline is with their warrentys. I am not flaming sunline, up and till now this headest has been great.

Attachments

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
wow!!!!!!!!!! i would just call them up there customer service is great! and they will direct you to warranty

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
No experience with Sunline, but I had the same exact thing happen to an FSA Pig DH Pro a few seasons back. Headset kept coming loose, so I took it apart to see if something was wrong and saw that it was busted in half. Seemed to be an isolated incident, but I guess it just happens now and then.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
can happen to any head set really, it's just a matter o material fatigue I guess, but better getting your headset busted than your frame

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
buy a cane creek...
I had that exact same thing happen to me on my cane creek headset. It happened right before a race run, the weirdest feeling and noise ever. I thought both my hub and fork were loose. I took my fork off and my bottom bearing cup came off with it. I didnt even bother trying to warranty I just bought another in time for the next race. The weird part was there was no sign that anything like this was going to happen, no noises, creaks just a sheared bearing cup. Im convinced the shuttle had something to do with it though.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
i drove down to sunline today and they warrentied the heaset no problem and upgraded me to a v1dh!!! so great customer servive sunline!!!