Quantcast

>>> sunny day gmt <<<<

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
wow, are you sure that is in amerka? thats crazy, On the left coast and every state east to colorado I have rented everything under the sun and it requires zero quals or experience. Ive rented the gamut, feller bunchers, D-10's, cranes, even paving machines and road graders. they dont even care if you know how to operate it.
This. I was planning to rent a small excavator this summer and part of the plan is to watch a bunch of youtube so I can “learn how to” operate it…

I had to google “hoisting license!” WTF!?!? You keep that crazy shit in MA.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
received_624283058634895.jpeg

This was a fun rental. I managed to momentarily stick it into a snow filled ditch at 11pm one night, while I was ferrying materials from the unloading zone to the job site.

That zoom boom was able to push me out. The telehandler is an amazing piece of equipment.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
View attachment 210685

This was a fun rental. I managed to momentarily stick it into a snow filled ditch at 11pm one night, while I was ferrying materials from the unloading zone to the job site.

That zoom boom was able to push me out. The telehandler is an amazing piece of equipment.
Nothing like getting your zoom boom stuck a little too deep in an ol ditch.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Pain levels still limiting mobility, but improving. Found a few stretches which seem to help.

Breakfast with a friend.
Now for some synth time. I might go to the store to piss away some cash on fun things.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This. I was planning to rent a small excavator this summer and part of the plan is to watch a bunch of youtube so I can “learn how to” operate it…

I had to google “hoisting license!” WTF!?!? You keep that crazy shit in MA.

Yeah, Cat doesn't care,

Every single piece of equip I've rented was not only a lowboy-only load, but even the 299 skidsteer with attacthments was too heavy for a one-ton pickup.

Just this month I rented

315 excavator @34k lbs
D1 mulcher (equivalent of a D4) @25k lbs
D3 dozer (equivalent of a D5) @39k lbs
CS16 Roller @39k lbs

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 1.25.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 1.25.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 1.26.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 1.27.01 PM.png

If you've never run an excavator before I suggest you rent a mini from a local yard for some small work and get used to the controls since they are cheap and essentially act the same and once you're comfortable spring for the big boy. mistakes on a medium to large excavator get very expensive very quickly. For example, on a medium excavator, you can punch the bucket through the glass, cab, and tracks whereas the mini's have a hydraulic stop to prevent such damage.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Windshield change in ABQ? Sure, why not?
Get some rellenos while you're there. :drool:

I feel seen. :homer:

Today was car maintenance day. Battery, air filter, spark plugs, front rotors and pads. Kind of a pain in the dick, especially when the old rotors are rusted pretty solidly to the hubs. :mad:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Adapt Improvise overcome
That was today. Corey and I planned on Kayak fishing at Lake Del Valle but one of the Kayaks failed inspection. To prevent invasive species all boats must be clean and Dry. The inspector found some moisture at the bottom of a rod holder. No Launch.
We came up with plan B read to the San Joaquin Delta. en route we came up with a closer plan C , Bethany Reservoir on the California Aqueduct only a 30 minute drive and we had never been there.
The fishing was slow but we had a great time exploring the Reservoir.
20240421_111547.jpgDSCF0785.JPGDSCF0790.JPGBethany Reservoir.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Windy road ride then made pizza. Figured out my crust was never quite right as my kitchen is too damn cold to get a good proof.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, Cat doesn't care,

Every single piece of equip I've rented was not only a lowboy-only load, but even the 299 skidsteer with attacthments was too heavy for a one-ton pickup.

Just this month I rented

315 excavator @34k lbs
D1 mulcher (equivalent of a D4) @25k lbs
D3 dozer (equivalent of a D5) @39k lbs
CS16 Roller @39k lbs

View attachment 210698

View attachment 210699

View attachment 210700

View attachment 210701

If you've never run an excavator before I suggest you rent a mini from a local yard for some small work and get used to the controls since they are cheap and essentially act the same and once you're comfortable spring for the big boy. mistakes on a medium to large excavator get very expensive very quickly. For example, on a medium excavator, you can punch the bucket through the glass, cab, and tracks whereas the mini's have a hydraulic stop to prevent such damage.

Funny, considering you are known for building mounds.

Man changes with age I s'pose.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rando story from today..

On the way to the trails, I was stopped at a red light. The opposite direction got an advanced green light. A Nissan rolled up beside me, rolled out over the crosswalk lines and then continued through our red light.

Two seconds later, I see the driver in the BMW infront of me look left-right and then ALSO took off through the red light.

Wtf people??

I ended up passing the BMW on a farm road a few kilometers away, as they were doing much under the speed limit. When I glanced over as I passed, the driver was death gripping, looked scared and was way too close to the steering wheel. Man some people should really just not drive.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
no warm spots to be found? we stick ours in the closet on top of the water heater...

Typically the "warm" part of the house is usually a balmy 66 degrees. The kitchen isn't even heated.

My toaster oven has a warming function and putting it in there at 90 did the trick.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rando story from today..

On the way to the trails, I was stopped at a red light. The opposite direction got an advanced green light. A Nissan rolled up beside me, rolled out over the crosswalk lines and then continued through our red light.

Two seconds later, I see the driver in the BMW infront of me look left-right and then ALSO took off through the red light.

Wtf people??

I ended up passing the BMW on a farm road a few kilometers away, as they were doing much under the speed limit. When I glanced over as I passed, the driver was death gripping, looked scared and was way too close to the steering wheel. Man some people should really just not drive.....
Sounds like drugs? Lol

But yea people drive terrible everywhere

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Typically the "warm" part of the house is usually a balmy 66 degrees. The kitchen isn't even heated.

My toaster oven has a warming function and putting it in there at 90 did the trick.
Microwave with a glass of warm water?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I've got probably 3 weeks worth of tractor work to do every year (plus the odd sporadic stuff) for say, the next 5 years. Rentals are going for $1,000/wk or $2,500/mo round here. Plus getting a hoisting license. :rolleyes: So you are right, the payback period is likely years out.

Sub-compact and compact were on my radar mostly for size reasons. The compact I borrowed from a friend seemingly had adequate lifting capacity for most everything I'd want to do. It sucked at cutting grade, but that didn't come as a surprise.
I don't know shit but I'm on Team Own It