Quantcast

Super Bling for Marzocchi heads...

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
google language tools said:
Kit fork Marzocchi 888 the kit fork BOS intended for Marzocchi 888 transfigures your fork completely. It is simple, the interior is replaced by a system 100 % BOS, is inherited the forks developed for Nicolas Vouilloz or Anne Caroline Chausson. Karim Love, ex pilot BOS within the TEAM Vouilloz was not mistaken there, which hastened to order two kits for its bicycle 2005. Marzo kitée BOS is from now on adjustable in relaxation via the two higher serrated rollers, in compression via the two lower serrated rollers, and spring preloads it is carried out by an accessible serrated roller quickly by unscrewing the stoppers. The kit is delivered with a note of assembly and an oil can of fork BOS. It should be noted that the assembly can be carried out in our workshops. It is enough for you to send your fork to us, and we reforward it to you in the tread (to count a one week deadline). To download the note of assembly
thats a direct translation from google

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
There was a write-up about it this months Dirt, i didnt get a chance to read it yet.........but i skimmed it and Bossard was saying he wanted to take the dive out of or have more control setting up the the compression in the fork......

He's also touting much improved front wheel traction.......i'm sure others on the board will have more of explanation, thats why i started the thread...

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
There was a thread in the lounge about this (I think). I'm too lazy to look for it, but a search will probably pick it up. I seem to remember there being some decent info about it in the thread.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Good lord it would cost me a grand to have my Dorado done up BOS style including shipping. I wonder if it comes with a Rainbow World Champs jersey??

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...yeah there was a post on here about that BOS stuff some time ago...

I'm not sure why anyone would want to mess with a perfectly good 888.

That's kinda like buying a new Ferrari 430 and then putting twin-turbos on it.

It's an AMAZING piece of machinery to begin with!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
It might be a "mute" upgrade......Marz is pressing foward next year with some new valving schemes in their forks. The 888 is going to available with better compression adjustments.....

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hey Hey! We have em in stock allready.
We haven't been advertising them yet bacause Scott has been trying different valve specs.

You see,the 888 is pretty awesome allready,with the proper setup/mods and we don't want to sell an 'upgrade' until we are confident that it is better AND worth the upgrade.

When we got them they were very heavily damped and were running the comp and rebound adj's all the way out leaving little tuneability.We now are testing new valving that is lighter and it is working very,very well.

The system uses valve shims throughout the travel instead of the ported damper that comes in a 888.Therefore there is consistent damping throughout the stroke.It feels like having the 888 comp Sleeve in there but the compression adjusters tune the entire stroke instead of just th elast 1/3 of the travel like the stock damper does.

There are 2 identical dampers that have comp and rebound on each leg.This in theory should equalize forces on the fork instead of a compression damper only in 1 leg.This hasn't been a problem though due to a pretty rigid lower casting.More interesting is the ability to tune the travel internally anywhere between 200-170 or less if you wanted to.

They are expensive-around $800.00-and difficult to install so we are trying to figure out how to sell them.Currently we recommend sending the fork to us for installation.

We are currently building whole forks too,with Marzocchi lowers,stanctions and axle with our Go-Ride Lowrider crowns,integrated stem and BOS dampers for around $1500.00.

This is possibly the ultimate fork in terms of tuneability,stiffness and natrually,cool factor.It works and feels like an Avy with great steering precision and light weight.The dampers are very similar to Avy with the ability to rebuild them entirely and change valving yourself.Everything is hard coated too for durability,smoothness and less oil contamination.

The 888 is still an eccelent fork stock but for people who desire more consistant compression damping this will be a great upgrade.

Krispy(on Von's computer)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...oh well.

It figures though... :D

EDIT: WAIT - Kris - u saying you guys could put Marz 06' internals in my 05' 888RC???!!

...and by installing these new internals(Marz not BOS) how much weight could I save?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
O.K. - I was on track thinking about 06' Marz stuff in my last posts...

Hmmm... the BOS stuff sounds interesting - rumors have been floating around here for a while...

I'll spread the good word for ya... :D