Quantcast

Super D course at Keystone

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I'm thinking of doing the Super D at Keystone this year. I was out on various websites and noticed that they're doing 'mosquito coast'. What is/was the exact course they did last year? I'd like to get a gauge on my time to see if I would simply make a fool of myself or come in close to last :)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Basically all, the green stuff above Mosquito coast, Mosquito, then a bunch more twisty, tight green singletrack below mosquito coast. It was SUPER fun as all get out, I can't wait to race the Keystone Super-D again this year! Good luck and we'll see you up there if you decide to do it!

FYI - I raced it on my Yeti 4X bike last year - the 40T ring mated to a road cassette was a bit steep for the two climbs on the track, but the handling and turning capabilities more than made up for the difference. I have a crappy running game, but was able to pass from 20-somethingth place up to 9th in the Men 30+ category.

jrok

Chimp
Jun 13, 2005
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Full Trucker said:
Basically all, the green stuff above Mosquito coast, Mosquito, then a bunch more twisty, tight green singletrack below mosquito coast. It was SUPER fun as all get out, I can't wait to race the Keystone Super-D again this year! Good luck and we'll see you up there if you decide to do it!

FYI - I raced it on my Yeti 4X bike last year - the 40T ring mated to a road cassette was a bit steep for the two climbs on the track, but the handling and turning capabilities more than made up for the difference. I have a crappy running game, but was able to pass from 20-somethingth place up to 9th in the Men 30+ category.
Evan did you race dual slalom in addition to DH and Super D last year? It seems like doing super d and dual slalom on the 2nd would be quite the handfull!