Quantcast

Super sweet shades

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One turdy nine. I break/lose/scratch glasses regularly so expensive glasses are out of the question.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Zeal and other brands already have photochromatic sport sunglasses. Nothing special about those except marketing :p

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
One turdy nine. I break/lose/scratch glasses regularly so expensive glasses are out of the question.

Hmmmmmmmmm....I still have the same Smith Sliders I got in 96 on a pro deal...so I'm not entirely opposed to it, but maybe...MAYBE SOMEONE WILL SEE THIS AS AN IDEA FOR MY UPCOMING BIRTHDAY ON OCTOBER 5TH...HINT HINT...perhaps some other parties might be able to nudge said someone to this thread??? :cool:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
syadasti said:
Zeal and other brands already have photochromatic sport sunglasses. Nothing special about those except marketing :p
Actually, quite a bit different. No PC lens can do what these do and have any sort of optical quality.
If you get a chance check out one of the flyers.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
dh girlie said:
Are they cheaper and as cool looking? I really need some new glasses and have been thinking of getting some lately.
They have alot more styles and choices. I think they probably have their photochromatic lens in stock now. I have two pairs of the rush style in black. I would guess they are around $100 or slightly more with 1 photochromatic lens.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Hmmmmmmmmm....I still have the same Smith Sliders I got in 96 on a pro deal...so I'm not entirely opposed to it, but maybe...MAYBE SOMEONE WILL SEE THIS AS AN IDEA FOR MY UPCOMING BIRTHDAY ON OCTOBER 5TH...HINT HINT...perhaps some other parties might be able to nudge said someone to this thread??? :cool:
I have broken 3 pairs in crashes this year. It seems when falling you lead with your hands and I with my face. But don't worry I still look like Brad Pitt. ;)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Damn True said:
Actually, quite a bit different. No PC lens can do what these do and have any sort of optical quality.
If you get a chance check out one of the flyers.
Actually Zeal was one of the first companies to do RX sunglasses, no inserts in the mid to late nineties. I don't know the details on the photochromatic lenses, but they had them listed on their sheets back in June and they said they would be out soon. I found out after I ordered my glasses :mumble:

There is some Aussie company that makes photochromatic sport sunglasses too, I forget their name (saw them in outside magazine or a similiar publication as editor's choice)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I tend to crash on my face a LOT, just in case anyone over at the Big 'S' thinks these sassy new optics need any durability testing... I'd be happy to oblige! :)

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Full Trucker said:
I tend to crash on my face a LOT, just in case anyone over at the Big 'S' thinks these sassy new optics need any durability testing... I'd be happy to oblige! :)
I noticed that, and from what I understand it has nothing to do with the presance or abscence of a bike.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
I have broken 3 pairs in crashes this year. It seems when falling you lead with your hands and I with my face. But don't worry I still look like Brad Pitt. ;)

WHEW! good thing...

At least you can still ride if you scrape up your face...

Lets try and keep this thread on top till a certain someone who is probably trying to figure out what I'd like for my bday sees it!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
Way way way too much....

useful but not that useful, i mean buy some lenses from an optometrist and it won't cost you that much for plastic photogray lenses.....

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Skookum said:
Way way way too much....

useful but not that useful, i mean buy some lenses from an optometrist and it won't cost you that much for plastic photogray lenses.....
ya...just use Saran wrap to wrap your face with and affix a few slices of 12 grain bread behind the head, which serves two purpose: as extra cushion and anti-bonk remedy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Acadian said:
ya...just use Saran wrap to wrap your face with and affix a few slices of 12 grain bread behind the head, which serves two purpose: as extra cushion and anti-bonk remedy.
it also gives your skin a healthy tone sheen. :thumb:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Acadian said:
Bwahahahaha.

I now have this image of Luc in his ghetto-style "Overthetops" made outta saran wrap and wonderbread.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
So.........back to the topic..........anyone know when these will be hitting the store? I haven't seen them at any dealer yet.

elderz

Chimp
Jul 31, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
130 is way to much to spend on a pair of glasses, no matter how nice they seem. besides, next year they will tell you that they have developed a much better pair and that yours suck. ive had my dragons for about 3 years (dont land on my face much, everywhere else yes, but not the face) and couldnt be happier.

just my 2 cents