Quantcast

Superheros

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im ebarassed to say Superheros inspired me to huck off of roofs with double wides and tioga multi control saddles back in the day.

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
I ran into Neil Sanders a couple years ago, he's been working construction. He used to own a bike shop in New West waaay back before the Superheros. I remember he was the first guy I knew with a "real" DH bike, Cannondale Moto with those 4in forks.

Brian O is still around ripping it up, and building trails near my house.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I won the 2001 National Champs at Mt Snow on one of those before moving to Semi Pro in 2002. Funny as I had Neon Yellow on mine. Had a Marzzochi Shiver too. Great bike for its time!!!!

Cecil
Que Cecil scanning photo from the local newspaper in 3......2......1.......

Actually the cool thing about that video is it's got Cecil & I's old teammate blowing up and wiping out and still being stoked about it. Tyler Williams slides across the ground and show his bloody knee.

He at one point had a Super 8 complete as backup and GT DH-i race bike and broke both of them....just a sick rider.:p

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I wanted a super 8 so bad,they stopped making em in 2002,for 2003 I picked up my first scuba bullit.Wen I got my v10,I wanted a scuba but they didn't offer the paint back then :(

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Haha this coincides well with me just the other day finding a 550x2.25 spring I used to have on my SGS-DH. Its amazing to see where technology has come for DH.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I'm pretty sure my large 2001 RM7 came with a 850 X 2.0 spring! :eek:
Yeah, I had to run a 1050 x 2.0 when I demo'd the RM7, and even that was soft. they recommended I go to a 1200....

And that bike had a significantly lower leverage ratio than the RM6!