Quantcast

Superman Big Drop

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
metzger! i saw that shot, i think in the transition bikes bc trip video. i said wow the first time, i'll say it again. wow.

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Yeah I am living in Bellingham now. Im riding a blue Dirtbag, took the punishment very well. Wish i had a poster quality shot of it though, would have been cool.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Mike, do you ride galbraith very often? My bro saw you down at the DJ's a few weeks/months ago, but I unfortunatly missed that session. Some of my bro's and I are planning a galbraith/secret location ride tomorrow, if you are interested.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
holy sh!t!

that is huge and crazy! nice work.

how many times did you hit that before you supermanned it?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Mike, do you ride galbraith very often? My bro saw you down at the DJ's a few weeks/months ago, but I unfortunatly missed that session. Some of my bro's and I are planning a galbraith/secret location ride tomorrow, if you are interested.
wow, I havent heard galbraith in a while, has that place changed much since 03? it used to be a stopping point on the way to whistler. is that tree farm still pretty picky about the parking?

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Honestly, i have not rode there yet....LOL i know im horrible. I have just been riding the Skate Parks, and the dirt jumps around here. I have ridden woodlot and somt others, but not Galbrith yet.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Yeah, Galbraith has improved sooo much since 03. Stunts have gotten bigger (still not that big), and new trails have been put in. Mike, sorry I didn't get back to you. Me and the boys saw the rain and decided to go build a new gapper rather than ride. Next time though.

Sep 8, 2004
Yeah, right now softies needs some love.. the little line is pretty much gone, needs to be rebuilt with something... all the lips need some work, and there is a log across the start of all of the lines... but by the time its jump-jam season, I'm sure it'll be running smooth.

-James.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stripped was rad, i urge everyone to pick a copy of it up...

Mike, are you going to be rocking the Bottlerocket at all this season or is it to girly for you?

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Man i only ride the Bottle rocket now. My dirtbag is built a little too big for stunts now. I will deffinitly be rockin the Bottle rocket! Its such an aggresive bike, and is really quick and responsive. Cant wait to shred on it this season!!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Mike I still think its funny we are both up here...been a while since the good ole WSU days eh? Miss your old super8?? hehe anyways we'll have to hook up for a ride sometime

Pete

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Peter?? Whats up man. We deffinitly have to go shred some time. How is Bellingham treating ya? I love it here. WSU blew i hated that place so much.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mike,
fantastic riding in stripped! Your spot in it def. made a great impression! Super progressive riding. That drop/road gap was saweet, easily capping a great first impression on me! Keep it up:thumb:

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
yo homie, that step up step down, with the car tow in, so crazy. that appeared to first try, was it? how did you judge the speed with the car? and another question, why do you ride a monster t? to each his own but it seems like a 888 would be straight, specially when doin tricks and not just down hilling. sorry about all the questions but since your here i might as well ask

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
It was an awesome step up. Dont really know exactly how we judged the speed, just did what felt right. When i let go of the car im doing 55-60 miles an hour. And accually we wanted some more shots and different angles of it, but the cops pulled us over for 60 in a 35 lol. But he was cool about it and let us off. It was tight...lol I made it frist try, but not well enough to his the drop. When you land you loose all your speed so it was hard to make the drop gap, plus when you land you have to turn and it was sandy on the top so it made it even harder. But it ended up working well. I was riding a monster t for awhile until transition hooked me up with a 888. And accually i am riding the 888 in the Utah footage.

Metz

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
yea the top looked like it took all your speed, but what ever you still stomped it. the cop must a been confused.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
monster t for life man, cmon... ;)...

The 02' Monster is still one of my favorite forks of all time, the thing is just incredible...Zoch should still be selling it...