Quantcast

***Supposedly it's Monday, GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

In the office before 8am. Not sure how or why, but I am still asleep. It thundered all night long, which was cool, but didn't allow for much of a consistent sleep.

Coffee and then more coffee is on tap for this morning.

I'm also covering for another IT dude this week, while he is on vacation somewhere sunny. Three buildings all to myself; we'll see how this pans out...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Boom! Monday. Now I get to learn how the re-organization here at work will impact me. I predict I will still have to work afterwards so I can already tell you it will be a disappointment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kid is sick. AGAIN. barfed a big one yesterday evening,then again overnight. home today. rain. coffee and kids books and trucks. pretending to work remotely.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Too much to drink, easter egg hunt, older kid locked the younger one in the car as we were about to leave for our 2 hour drive home, both sets of keys in said car.

yay.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
preparing to go camping w/fam tomorrow night. if it was me and the boys, it would be relatively simple. add wife into the equation, it has somehow become an ordeal slightly more complex than the inner workings of a fucking supercollider. being back in my own bed wednesday night cannot come quickly enough.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
S'posed to start raining about ten AM, then remain sort of cold and wet for about a week. Montana plans seem to be redirecting to Mount St. Helens area. Impatient for my bike and gear to get back.
You will not be disappointed, I riden there man times in fact Team BBCX made a video there.

Tip, arrive early. Parking in peak season is difficult by mid morning.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I wish, you know I can't afford that trim level.

I settled on a Sahara, complete with hardtop, bluetooth, DVD, Navigation, 40GB hard drive for my crabcore, heated seats, etc. Basically everything a Jeep shouldn't be, but fuck it. YOLO, amirite?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hi.
Had to feed the goats this morning. getting up with the sun is nice.
Legs are dead. Had a gnarly tomahawk last thursday & my body hasn't hurt this bad since I laid down a motorcycle a few years ago.
Made rack of lamb with a mint chutney & other goodies last night for Zombie Jesus Day.

Today I seek out a massage.
Cheers yall.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Throat is fried and I'm coughing up brown things. Going to make for a fun day on the phones. Otherwise, work.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
How is it I have no pics today? Saturday I went on a killer ride that climbed buttloads of mountains. Yesterday I took out my brand new backcountry skis to play in the new snow. They are superb and I will love them long time.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
S'posed to start raining about ten AM, then remain sort of cold and wet for about a week. Montana plans seem to be redirecting to Mount St. Helens area. Impatient for my bike and gear to get back.
I've ridden there several times, the latest being last year. Excellent stuff. When you going?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Slept in until 7 AM after playing Fallout until 11:30. (7 AM is late given the kids--both were still asleep and I didn't notice the wife sneaking out at 5:15 to go to her barre workout class at 5:45...)

This morning I'm working on academic stuff from home: emails to fend off collaborators waiting on my shit since I have too many things running simultaneously, and some coding in Matlab. Today's project is to model one million fake thyroid nodules and then test some published algorithms against this data set.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Neighbor hired what appears to be some ex-con rednecks to take down the tree that is leaning into my yard. Drinking at noon on the job is a sign of professionalism in most dangerous professions. I suspect my property will receive damage with no easy means of compensation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And the ex con rednecks managed to take out two Cyprus trees in my yard. They provided a very nice privacy barrier. Something tells me they are not coming back to plant new trees.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
And the ex con rednecks managed to take out two Cyprus trees in my yard. They provided a very nice privacy barrier. Something tells me they are not coming back to plant new trees.
Small claims? Or not worth it at this point?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Small claims? Or not worth it at this point?
Will talk to the owner. He is in Boston, He rents out the main house and winters here in the basement apartment. I had proposed using my friend who had a crane and bucket truck who could have removed it with no damage. Neighbor opted for the cheaper route. If I get no traction with the neighbor I will call my insurance company and see if they can extract compensation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spoke with the ex-con rednecks. They stunk like beer, I really can't judge but I could call the cops on them when they drive away. Anyway they said they will try to raise the fallen tree. This can be done as I have done it myself. I recommended they build an a-frame to take advantage of vectors and shit. I got blank stares.

I revived a similar fallen tree a few years ago with the recommended method. For scale those boards are 16' 2"x12".

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Step 1 - Request schedule from other department.
Result - Data dump of code received. Not helpful.

Step 2 - have meeting and request clear schedule.
Result - Add dragging. Data dump of code received. Not helpful.

Step 3 - Send additional request, in binary. Vittumaisuuttaan.