Quantcast

Sure. Now is a good time for today to start gmt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That. It's 3;45am. FTS.

Shop called.twice yesterday when I was stuck on calls but didn't leave messages. This can only go so many ways... Hopefully he says that he found a team sticker kit and not damage.

Wifey's boss has covid ans she was in the office all day Tuesday. She's currently sleeping in the guest bedroom. There is a chance I'm taking the girls to Disney on Ice this weekend...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Its raining today.
Coffee going down at the moment. Drug cocktail Dr gave me seems to be working. Feeling significantly better.
Was planning on some trail work tomorrow, but the weather seems to have changed its mind.

Mrs and I are going on a date tonight :brows:, first time we have left little Isla in the evening. Should be fun.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Good morgen. Sitting at the car place waiting on an inspection again. Should pass this time. Then it’s off to my least favorite bike shop to try on their shoes which I will buy online or at a different lbs, because fuck those guys

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

December already. Sheesh. Sitting at my computer thinking about work. That counts, right?

Good morgen. Sitting at the car place waiting on an inspection again. Should pass this time. Then it’s off to my least favorite bike shop to try on their shoes which I will buy online or at a different lbs, because fuck those guys
Cycle Loft?!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

December already. Sheesh. Sitting at my computer thinking about work. That counts, right?

Cycle Loft?!
No way, I like cycle loft (although they took a dive after relocating....the original location was my favorite bike shop perhaps of all time). I'm talking about HweelHworks belmont. They just suck, from a service and selection point of view. BUT they are great to window shop, like trying on helmets or shoes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still raining, have not washed away yet. Suicidal Tendencies concert tonight, I think the last time I saw them was '88, but it could have been '87. Either way, it's been a while.

Last night the wife said I smelt like BO. She then said "I didn't think you got that sweaty smoking in the shed, who knew?" :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Two of the local ski hills open today/tomorrow. But I did my rain dance, so it'll be 40freedoms out with rain today. :brows:

I am pretty sure this place opened today, solely because their neighbor said they are opening tomorrow (who has much more snow made). Looks like splendid conditions. :rofl:
1701438422632.png

Hmmm, where to ride tomorrow?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No way, I like cycle loft (although they took a dive after relocating....the original location was my favorite bike shop perhaps of all time). I'm talking about HweelHworks belmont. They just suck, from a service and selection point of view. BUT they are great to window shop, like trying on helmets or shoes.
Ah, never had any issues with Wheelworks, though I only had reason to go there a few times. Cycle Loft pissed me off 15 years ago and I've held a grudge ever since.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy December, my friends! I ran 5 miles this morning. My back and glute are still hurting but slowly getting better. With my current trajectory, I should feel pretty good in another week.

Wife bought an air fryer and made some Brussels sprouts in it last night. That was one tasty test run.

I'm talking about
I have had one experience with said retail center during my long and storied mountain biking career, and the experience was not a good one.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Maybe if more people actually bought things from them instead of using them as a personal dressing room they wouldn’t suck as much.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Maybe if more people actually bought things from them instead of using them as a personal dressing room they wouldn’t suck as much.
Like the brand new $3k mountain bike I bought from them back in 2014 with no discount? They still suck. All I expect or hope for is somebody at the counter to help me when I need it- no special treatment. Treat me like a customer who wants to buy things....that is too challenging for BWW. That shop sucks and I only use them to try on shit after that experience. It is extreme "bike shop" attitude. Most other shops will help me when I need it, but BWW consistently treats me like I am bothering them.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ah, never had any issues with Wheelworks, though I only had reason to go there a few times. Cycle Loft pissed me off 15 years ago and I've held a grudge ever since.
I had the exact opposite experience. Cycle loft cut some spokes for me back in 2003 and didn't even charge me for it. I love that shop, but after they relocated to lexingtonish it became a lot more "Specialized corporate" and their selection of weird stuff dwindled.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Like the brand new $3k mountain bike I bought from them back in 2014 with no discount? They still suck. All I expect or hope for is somebody at the counter to help me when I need it- no special treatment. Treat me like a customer who wants to buy things....that is too challenging for BWW. That shop sucks and I only use them to try on shit after that experience. It is extreme "bike shop" attitude. Most other shops will help me when I need it, but BWW consistently treats me like I am bothering them.
If your last purchase was 10 years ago, it sounds like you're just bothering them

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I had the exact opposite experience. Cycle loft cut some spokes for me back in 2003 and didn't even charge me for it. I love that shop, but after they relocated to lexingtonish it became a lot more "Specialized corporate" and their selection of weird stuff dwindled.
Ah, so the shop that did actual work for you but didn’t charge you is cool, but the shop that gets annoyed that you only come in to try stuff on so you can buy it online ISN’T cool.

I think I’m getting it now.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Also up at fiver thanks to Thunder Bob, migrating around the room to all the tallest spots -- the dresser, the top of the chair, the standing desk -- singing the song of his People, that empty bowls must be attended to and filled

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is a local car race shop here where we can try stuff on. We have ended up buying stuff (race suit, gloves, earrings), but for stuff like shoes we buy them online. Their px is almost 50% more and they are primarily an online shop still.

When do we buy stuff there? When the younger, nice guy helps us. He gets a commission and if he's spending the time, I'll make sure he gets paid. The old guy? Nah... He's kind of a dick unless you're talking about big, car purchases.

That carries across for all industries. Good service can make up for higher cost.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: slept meh, working early so I can finish early.
snow coming this weekend up high, so maybe it'll be ski season before too long. bike somewherez tomorrow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had a less than stellar service experience with the Loft, which was the original black mark, but at some point they didn't really seem interested in your business unless you were there to drop $10K on a road bike.

Maybe they've changed since I last visited. Some day perhaps I'll go back and find out, but likely not.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Two of the local ski hills open today/tomorrow. But I did my rain dance, so it'll be 40freedoms out with rain today. :brows:

I am pretty sure this place opened today, solely because their neighbor said they are opening tomorrow (who has much more snow made). Looks like splendid conditions. :rofl:
View attachment 204402

Hmmm, where to ride tomorrow?