Quantcast

Surly Furious (beer pr0n)

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Thank you Ryan! X-mas came early here tonight! Got my shipment of Furious earlier and in way more quantity than I expected!

[/IMG]

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
hell yea! it makes me so happy to hear that surly is really starting to take off. the guys who started it up are from my undergrad in the twin cities and are super chill. last time i was down there (in st. paul) i stopped by a friend's art gallery showing. the surly guys (being alums of the school) were there and offered free kegs for the after party. so not only do they brew damn tasty beer, sponsor the arts and bicycling, but they're generous about it...

IAB and any other boston-area monkeys, if you can't find it out east and still want some, let me know. i'm driving back to boston from the twin cities at the end of the month...

Last edited:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
So those cans - do they have a widget inside em? Is that why it says Beer in a can, made for a glass or whatever it says on the can?

The inventor of the Widget inside those cans deserves the nobel prize in science for that invention! :monkeydance:

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Don't they distribute to chicago?

I am surprised they are not here yet.
There are a few bars with it on tap, but I don't think you can get it in cans around here yet. I know for sure last summer you couldn't.

If I could find a store that sold it around Kettle, I'd be up there this weekend.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Not to derail the Surly love, but the Maui Brewing Co's Kona Coffee Porter is awesome.

I'll try the coconut thing in a few weeks while I'm there and report back! :busted: