Quantcast

Survival chances of doing 24 hours with only me and another person?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I have a friend who's a crasy runner guy he can do 12 hours on a bike no problem but do you think i would make it i'm only 15 and this race would be in september i think i'd be able to finish but i've never done so much riding in one day.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well my first long race was 55km and i finished 2nd it that time i did no training for it at all and all i did was ride on the road for maybe 30km and i only losty by 4 min. I guess training for a race like 24 hours would involve just long ass rides. But my main focus is the Quebec and Canada cups which are only like 30km will doing really long rides through the summer mess me up for those races.?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I think that as long as you keep up your base miles you should be fine. My season is kind of light in July so I have a chance to beef up the base mileage then.

I did mostly 21-36 mile races last year but was still able to train for and win a 100 mile race in early September. Everyone is different. Obviously you will still need to keep your interval and speed workouts up.