Quantcast

survivorman

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I heard about this during a work lunch. My coworkers seem uninterested, but if you have ever been stuck in the woods, desert, or the snow...

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
It's a GREAT show. I've seen the entire first season, sounds like they're just airing reruns right now. Hopefully he'll come back with some new stuff...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think that's the on I just saw. He used spokes to make a 3 prong spear and wire and grass to make a matress.
I was going to D'Ville for an overnight trip, and I took the subway to meet friends in the East Bay. After filling my backpack with my gear:

it was huge.

Someone on the train commented about the size of my pack and how I was going only for one night. With all my bike stuff, my air mattress, and sleeping bag, my bag was overflowing, but I used everything I brought with me. And if anyone has been camping before, you know the one piece of equipment you forget, whether it is your bag, pad, tent, or gloves, you are in for a miserable time.

So I said to her (because I didn't like the way she questioned me),

"You ever sleep on the ground before? I have..."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
you need a therma-rest sanjuro... those things are pretty small.. just got back from d-ville about 30 mins ago... god that place is sick...
I use a Therm-a-Rest when I am "really camping", i.e. carrying all my crap long hours.

But I found myself sleeping hard - rolling around, waking up, etc.

The Aerobed is like sleeping in my own bed. I just wouldn't carry it farther than my car...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
for sure, the therma-rest is def'n a luxury item...

i m acutally thinking of doin my own survivorman take out in the woods out here... just for sh1ts and giggles.. hell, why not... whats the worst thing that can happen ?? maybe i ll find myself out in the woods crying myself to sleep..

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
yeh the episode tonight was good..but i didnt get to see all of it...damn!
i have seen every episode and i love the show.

yeh those therma-rests are nice...i have something like that just not therma-rest brand and it does the trick

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
yeh the episode tonight was good..but i didnt get to see all of it...damn!
i have seen every episode and i love the show.

yeh those therma-rests are nice...i have something like that just not therma-rest brand and it does the trick

good show for sure.... seems he started strong but faded in the end... mind you the topical jungle and coastline isn t his typical stomping ground... none the less he still proved that he is the ultimate hell man... great stuff using the elastic from his boxxers to make a spear fishing rig...

almost as good as watching joan rivers interview the celebs ;)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I never said I was more hardcore. But I would never watch an hour of him "surviving". I think Jackass is way more impressive. Or that whacky Japanese tounge-twister game show. Or MXC. You get the point.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nah, Jackass and the like cater to my attention span better. Short 30 second clips of people hurting themselves. What more could you ask for?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Nah, Jackass and the like cater to my attention span better. Short 30 second clips of people hurting themselves. What more could you ask for?

hey, i m the first one to put my nuts in a vice... but heading out into the wilderness with a pair of boots and a leatherman tool...

now thats balls...