Quantcast

Suspicious activity

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
With all of the break-ins at popular parking lots, I get a little leery when I see something suspicious. Today I parked on Hwy 9. While I was unloading my bike and getting ready to go, a truck passed me and pulled over 200 yards or so down the road. He just sat there for five minutes doing nothing. When I finally got on my bike, I rode straight toward him to get his plate number. As soon as he saw me coming he took off real quick.

So, in the interest of nailing some of the thieves that we all love so much, I will post a description. I am not saying that he was definitely there to do harm, but you can never be too careful.

He was driving a lighter blue 2004 or so Ford F150. I think he had a lumber rack. His plate was 7E81424. I didn't get a good look at the driver. All I know is that he had dark hair that was cut very short (looked like he shaved it a couple days ago.

If anybody knows who this is and knows he is innocent, let me know and I will delete this post. Otherwise, I would look out. If he shows up in the area again, we may get more info.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I have read both your post here and on mtbr , most of the car break in have occurred in Sequel Demo Forest off the Summit of HWY17 at the far parking lot basically were the road ends in the back of the forest , cars have been broken into in this area for years it's also a
totally different area than the part of hwy. you are referring too .

Not saying that the possibility isn't there but your kinda going out on a limb here really . What if the guy was doing something else suspicious or just stopped for a second to check his voice mail or something and saw you ridding up on him and got scared cus he thought YOU were the crazy one ???
Just because your on a bike doesn't make you un-suspicious either ?

Also the part of hwy 9 your referring to is pretty much safe , it's on a major hwy and people park there for hours on end safely on weekends , I have personally left my car there for almost an entire day before when I used to to solo drop runs of the top of hwy. 9
NO problems ever , cept the time I left my 15mm allen wrench on the ground and someone picked it up before I got back to my car .

Oh and Woo was checking out your a$$ , I saw him from the trees were I was spying on all of you !!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I know 3 people who have gotten their cars broken into on 9 in the past year. One at the large parking lot on 9 near the ucon trail is. Also in the lot near the 20mph corner going towards Felton.

Just putting it out there that it does happen and you arent that safe on 9. On both sides of 9 there are plenty of shady people who would be driving by. Growing up in the area I am positive of that.

Oh, I was checking you out too. I even did a cat call and beeped the horn.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
What Josh said is true. I just saw broken glass at the water trough last week. There are also quite a few shady drug deals going down on 9. They think they are way out in the wilderness where nobody will see. Maybe I should start packing.

I realize that the guy could be completely innocent. I just put this info out in case he shows up again in a suspicious situation. I am sick of the thievery that goes on all over the county.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
oh please, everyone knows 9mm is out during the spring months, in order to be fashionable in the bay area you need to carry a h& k ambi mod with a barsto comped barrel in 45 super.

HWY 9 has had shadiness going on for years , but not as shady as Sequel demo forest I swore I'd never go there again years ago and haven't . I hate to say this too everyone who still lives in the valley/bay area but I grew up there and it's gone to crap ! tweakers everywhere 0 police presence and way too much over development :nopity: I began to realize why it's soo peaceful up here just outside Sacramento sure we have our share of white trash tweekers , but they seem to stay away from the general population unlike the valley were crazies run free !!

Oh as far as hand guns go
I'd prefer the
Baretta 9mm with the over under mod :clapping: can't beat fireing threee bulletts with every pull of the trigger .

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
oh please, everyone knows 9mm is out during the spring months, in order to be fashionable in the bay area you need to carry a h& k ambi mod with a barsto comped barrel in 45 super.
No no no......from what I have seen, it's .22, .25 or .380 that has been very popular this year so far. Very fashionable and sleek due to the pistol's small frame. It even comes in chrome or black or rust depending on the price you want to pay.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I typically park near the bottom of the short steep trail on 9 and I have sen suspicious activity too (white trash se, drug use, etc). This is the nature of the beast that is Santa Cruz. Just don't leave anything of value in your vehicle. My friend just had his ipod and some other minor valuables stolen near 4 mile. They completely busted his truck window, making tons of noise in front of other people to take a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff.

Just look out for one another and talk to people that look sketchy, it has either scared people away or made me realize that they aren't "sketchy".

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Let's face it, we're leaving our cars on rural roads with very few people around, it makes our cars easy targets.
Also, they know that anyone parking there and riding away on a bike is probably going to be gone for a couple hours or more. I'm telling ya, park somewhere in town and ride up via the railroad tracks, it's an easy grade and a good warm-up.

SCTreeHugger

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
I park up at the North remote UCSC lot on the weekends and by 7/11 on the weekdays. Peace of mind at either spots.

The 7/11 spot is key. Why?

Eye candy on the ride up (during the week) + 2 loops at UCSC + Mail box run = Bliss.

-Tree Hugger

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Dude it's not bad here, Santa Cruz is a very safe place to live. It's rarely sketchy. You're over reacting. Tweekers are EVERYWHERE. I've lived in Santa Cruz all of my life with the exception of a few brief stays in Sac, The Pennisula, and The San Fernando Valley (Socal) I'd say Santa Cruz is a the least sketchy of all those places. In fact, I came across way more tweekers and sketchy people during my short stay in Sac then I ever have here in Santa Cruz.

The park (if you can call it that) at the bottom of Hwy 9 (just past the businesses surrounding Costco) is where all the homeless camps are. That's why there are so many break in's, and suspecious activity. People with out jobs need to find some means of buying booze and drugs right? The further up 9 you go the safer you'll be. Empire Grade has even less problems. Let's face it, we're leaving our cars on rural roads with very few people around, it makes our cars easy targets.

Your not making my argument to stay in SAC any easier DOS :disgust1: OK OK after last weekend I'm ready to pack up the machines and move back to the valley , you can find / avoid tweakers anywere .