Quantcast

SW-ish Colorado MTB trail recomendations

cyclopath

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
Texas
I'm going to be in Lake City, CO. at the begining of September and was wondering if y'all had some trail recomendations. (or websites with trails and maps) mostly XC type stuff. Fireroads, jeep trails, single-track, etc...

Being from central Texas I mostly ride twisty single-track with short, but sometimes steep climbs, so I could go for some long climbs and BIG senic views. I know Colorado has plenty to offer, but it's difficult finding MTB info in the Lake City area.

Thanks for the help.

cyclopath

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
Texas
I am planing a day trip to Crested Butte for some riding, but most of my time will be in Lake City. I was hoping for some trail info that I could access by bike from town. You know, throw on the CamelBak, clip in, and go, from the front porch.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
cyclopath said:
I am planing a day trip to Crested Butte for some riding, but most of my time will be in Lake City. I was hoping for some trail info that I could access by bike from town. You know, throw on the CamelBak, clip in, and go, from the front porch.
I don't know about any that close. Get the Trails Illustrated maps #139/141 and report back, Soldier! :thumb: :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I don't know about biking, but there's a couple 14ers in the area. I highly recommend hiking Red Cloud Peak. I hiked it a few years ago with someone who's an out-of-shape smoker who had just come out from Pittsburg the day before and he did fine. We took our time and from start to finish it took us around 8 hours. The beginning of Sept shouldn't be too late in the season.