Quantcast

SWEET! I'm getting a MacBookPro!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
BeerDemon said:
You guys should see the computer I surf the net with (and type emails). I have three quad processor G5s clustered into a mini super computer with a terrabyte of RAM. I have it hooked up to dual 23 inch LCDs. It's the only machine that has ever satisfied my Web surfing needs. My mom said that as soon as the Intel Power Macs come out, she'll pay to have the entire setup upgraded! My mom roxorz!!

Sweet, A Terabyte of ram must RULE on your 28.8 dial up connection!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
H8R said:
It's "ok" at best. Very frustrating interface if you ask me.

It's been several years since I've used it though. It may be better now. I learned Autocad and VW at the same time, and VW just seemed retarded in comparison. I let it go after a couple months.

I like VW for basic CAD Drafting, but I use one of its specialty packages, Spotlight, for lighting design. The Spotlight package kicks the snot out of anything else out there with the possible exception of WYSIWYG by ETC, but thats a few grand, versus the VW student price of $200 for the ENTIRE suite :thumb:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
jamasonbmbry said:
I'm sorry but that comment came outta nowhere. ? :confused:
Sorry
if you search you'll see i've made this same comment in other apple/mac threads :D

J

JRB

Thanks for not moving this as I suggested. This thing turned into pure gold. Good jobs fellers.