Quantcast

SX Trail Owners

bronze09

Chimp
Jun 22, 2007
How exactly do you adjust the adjustable geometry?

Right now I have the 67.5 HA with high bb (that is what is etched on the shock shuttles). I thought you needed a second set of shuttles for slacker geo, but when I called my LBS to order them from specialized, they called specialized and then called me back and told me I didn't need new shuttles but I just needed to flip my current ones (put the right side one on the left and vice versa) to get the slacker geo - this would result in the etched "67.5 HA..." part on the triangle facing the back of the bike instead of facing up. Does this sound right? Do you simply switch the mounts around?

Thanks.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've yet to try it but if Spec says so, it must be true? I did a quick search and couldn't find a place that actually sold those shuttles. Do some measurements, swap the shuttles around and let us know how it went.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
mine came with 2 seperate shuttles too, specialized or your LBS is just being a pain unless the older SXTs used different, flippable mounts.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
mine came with 2 seperate shuttles too, specialized or your LBS is just being a pain unless the older SXTs used different, flippable mounts.
Mine is a 2006 and it came with 2 seperate shuttles.
Flipping your current shuttle doesn't sound right.

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
I definitely agree with all that's mentioned above. An extra set of shuttles should have come with the bike (mine were in the pack with the owners manuals). Ask again. I'm sure you'll be able to snag some.

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
you cant mount the shuttles switched, only one side of them is flat. the other has a rounded part around the bolt, so it would mount flat if you switched them