Quantcast

SX Trail spring help

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I just bought the wife an 08 SX Trail 1. She weighs about 130. What spring would be best? I might ride the bike once in a great while. I weigh about 170. What spring would I use?

Please dont tell me to use a spring calculator. Im looking for first had advise. Tha calculators are rarely close.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i don't know if this helps, but i'm about 155 lbs and i'm on a large, which comes with a 400lb spring. i have to keep it backed as far out as possible without rattling to get the 30% sag that i need.

Chridi

Chimp
Oct 15, 2008
130lbs, taking the SX for pretty much everything... freeride, local dh, tours <70km

It came with a 300 spring on stock dhx - plush, nice for dh only. But imo too soft for jumping and trailriding
now im riding it with a 400 - stiffer of course, maybe a bit too stiff, but i like it alot this way

i would recommend you/youre wife a 350 spring.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
The SXT is different than any other bike I've had to setup. You can thow a 400 lb spring on there and it will ride fine. You can throw a 500 lb spring and it will ride just as good? No harsh bottoming really. I was perplexed for awhile when I was setting mine up. I've had friends say the same thing. Just go with what feels right.