Quantcast

Sycamore Canyon Trail, San Diego CA

Domin8stang

Monkey
Apr 30, 2006
San Diego
I posted this in the newb section as well but was told to put here as well. A buddy of mine and i decided to make the trek through the mountains from Santee to Poway CA (15.5 mi) in our first long mountain ride. It was pretty fun, we hit some soft sand after a nice singletrack downhill at one point and both went flyin over the bars, but it was sweet. My buddy almost got taken out by a deer that jumped across the trail at one point. All in all a great ride, if any SoCal MTB'ers in the San Diego area need more riding partners let me know. Although im just starting out i am already hooked. Im riding the Ironhorse Maverick Pro with the red shorts :)

ummm yeah

Ranger Station that burned down in the fires last year

We made it!

i love this pic, you can sense exhaustion, after just the ride there...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK, dumb question here, but is this your first long ride ever? 15.5 miles is pretty darn respectable! :thumb:

Nice pics. We'll be looking forward to seeing more. And welcome to the Monkey!

Domin8stang

Monkey
Apr 30, 2006
San Diego
well i have done like 5 mi. rides to and from work, but yes this was my first actual mountain ride....looking at all the forums here, im not sure what i classify as. is it freeride what i do? i just want to know what it is i am riding you know?

here is a map off googlemaps with the trail i rode.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
That used to be my after work ride when I lived there...though it looks so different after the fire.:(