Quantcast

Syncline Trail-Hood River

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
There are 3 ways up. Shuttle up with a car, hard to explain were you start from. Ride up the "sincline". This trail starts near a wooden structer, I belive was or is for horses. Its a single track that goes up under the cliffs. The easyer way to climb up is to take the road over to the trails that start above the cliffs. Its pretty easy to figure out, its a wide open medow. Once you get to the top theres a jeep road that goes back in the woods(this is the road you would come down if you shuttled it).

From the top of the cliffs you can make your way over to the sincline, single track that goes under the cliffs. Or theres a technical single track that goes along the cliff edge, be carfull the trail comes very close to the edge, one person has fallen off and died. The other option is to bomb down the open field, there is also a old road path you can follow. Near the bottom theres some fun rocks and stuff to play on. Hope this helps.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
The sincline is a great trail with epic views. Ask the locals. It's pretty easy to figure out. It's on the Washington side just east of the thriving metropolis of Bingen(watch out for the radar-ready cop). When you come to the deep canyon on your left with a huge cliff face cut from the top of the hills down to the water you are there. The road to the top & parking area is on the west side of the canyon. You will be riding the eastern edge of the canyon. There is now a small parking area at the top for the shuttle monkeys too.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Ok, so it sounds like its not to hard to figure out. How do I get there if I'm in Portland? Is it like right across the river from Hood River? Would it be easy to go to Hood River before the ride and ask around, or is it far from the town?

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
take the second hood river exit and cross the toll bridge. Hang a right tough the town of bingin. go about 5 minutes tell you see a big cliff ridge thing, park on the left. if you go on a weekend there will be lots of people there, or just go to a bike shop, they will tell you. mtbr is a good resourse as well.

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
im heading there in a week for a vacation sounds just what i need with the addition of mt.hood, might have to stop in at Disocver to get a map, i heard that Post Canyon has some things to ride.