Quantcast

Syncros Tires

King*Cole

Chimp
Sep 17, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Does anybody have any information on the BHT tires? Weights? On their site it doesnt talk about the BHT 1,2,3 its just 1 tire. Are 1,2,3 the old tires? Also has anyone rode them (how do they feel?)

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
the bht's are basically badass. I run the monster sized versions 2.7" front and 2.5" back, they're monstrously heavy but stick like nothing else (think nevegal but tackier). I rock them every time i'm riding lift assisted but otherwise stick to the nevegals. my buddy is rockingthe 2.3" front and rear. those are more reasonably weighted but the knobs are not quite as tall. if you don't mind the weight, these are probably the best tires going for mud/roots like we've got up here in the pnw

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Huh, that's good to hear. I may give them a try when the tires on my Dirtbag give out. Then I can use my 2.5 Nevies on the Coiler D...mwahaha...

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
I'm most likely building up a Sinister Gruitr in a couple of months. Guys over on the Sinister boards are saying a 2.35 recomended rear tire size but a couple of posts that Maxxis DHR 2.5's fitting fine, etc. I'd like to go as large as possible but want to be realistic as to what will fit.

FYI, the bike will be built up as "do it all" as I can get it. Aggressive trail/wannabe FR, with a lift trip maybe once/wishing twice a year. Maybe stick with the 2.35 BHT rear?
Or, front AND rear? Or, 2.35 R and a BHT front 2.5? (Will probably run a Lyrik Coil U-Turn at 160)
Opinions?
I just know of many large volume 2.35's that are/look MUCH bigger than some stated 2.5's.
After re-reading bent^biker's post above, I'm thinking that these are Def. the ticket for our east coast slippery rocks and roots!
Any information appreciated!

Last edited:

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
Don't know about BHT, but I've got the FLT & Point N Chute 3's, with those they come in three versions Factory & Hardcore & something else - Factory is the lightest, Hardcore significantly heavier.

Monkey
I was running a set of BHTs on the Bullit. The front tracks great, even on the slippery gravel stuff. The rear could use some stronger sidewalls though, had a pinch flat on the first day. I ended up swapping out the rear for a Tioga.

Last edited:

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
I had a look at the syncros site, the BHT is either 863g (LW race version in 2.5) or 1260 (regular front). I would say 1, 2 ,3 is their old system.