Quantcast

Syndicate Team 09

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Minnaar hasn't gone anywhere, and neither has Peaty. No idea about Rennie.

Palmer is racing on a SC bike with TLD sponsorship. No idea if he will be officially Syndicate or not.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Yeah, I thought Minnar was going to Trek also. If he's stayin at SC with Peaty, all the better. As for Rennie, I hope he stays too. He just needs some better luck is all. I know he's still capable of winning with some good breaks. Bryceland is on fire right now so next season should be good for him.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
My son would like to speak to You regarding Nevagals.
yeah, for sure. ask any WC racer who had to run those tires what they think of them. The term 'nevagrips' was actually coined by a member of the Kenda team, and if their lack of grip didn't get you their inability to remain inflated would. great tires for most people, but not the proper tool for the job Palmer is trying to do. the way some guys corner on the WC circuit these days is really pushing tires to the limit.

lots of people like nevegals, but lots of people aren't going the speed it takes to make a world cup final; that's where different tire characteristics really start to come into play. any tire might do okay going around a corner at 20 mph, but it's a whole different story at 35.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2002
Los Osos, California
well **** man, now you have me wondering what the fvck i've been missing since I happen to be coming from all intense tires and just recently switched to nevagals. I love 'em just as much as I did my intense stickys. Or am I oversimplifying the whole deal by neglecting the fact that I only ride local conditions? And kind of assume I'm gonna be crashing every once and a while cause i'm dh'ing an 01 bullit?

So...that turned into a rant....my bad. Mostly just curious about tires now....

"APOLOGIES FOR ENTIRELY HIJACKING THREAD"

Being able to watch the races online is really awesome, and has really shown me some sh1t Im doin wrong. I work construction, so I'm super acclimated to the whole "monkey see, monkey do" mode of work. And to accentuate that fact, I tend to ride alone. Awesome thing this ridemonkey thing is huh....

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
well **** man, now you have me wondering what the fvck i've been missing since I happen to be coming from all intense tires and just recently switched to nevagals. I love 'em just as much as I did my intense stickys. Or am I oversimplifying the whole deal by neglecting the fact that I only ride local conditions?
The thing about both Kenda's and Intense's main offerings for DH tires is that they do actually work well at slower speeds in repeat tight turns, especially on bikes with steeper geo...as in the 67/68 deg h/a on a trail bike. The reason for this is that on a steeper bike, the rider doesn't need to lean into a turn as much, meaning the tire rolls on a combination of the cornering knobs and the outer edge of the center (median) knobs. Thus the rounder profile of say, a Nevy, Blue Groove, or ITS DH, will maintain a decent amount of contact while cornering a steeper bike at lower speeds.

On a DH bike however, the slacker h/a (typically between 64/66 deg) require the rider to lean the bike over much more to turn it. Soo, tires with flatter profile and very aggressive cornering knobs (read: Maxxis Minions, High Rollers, and trimmed Wet Screams) will work much better on slacker bikes at higher speeds.

Uh...I'm a nerd. And this was off topic for the thread. Sorry.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
The thing about both Kenda's and Intense's main offerings for DH tires is that they do actually work well at slower speeds in repeat tight turns, especially on bikes with steeper geo...as in the 67/68 deg h/a on a trail bike. The reason for this is that on a steeper bike, the rider doesn't need to lean into a turn as much, meaning the tire rolls on a combination of the cornering knobs and the outer edge of the center (median) knobs. Thus the rounder profile of say, a Nevy, Blue Groove, or ITS DH, will maintain a decent amount of contact while cornering a steeper bike at lower speeds.

On a DH bike however, the slacker h/a (typically between 64/66 deg) require the rider to lean the bike over much more to turn it. Soo, tires with flatter profile and very aggressive cornering knobs (read: Maxxis Minions, High Rollers, and trimmed Wet Screams) will work much better on slacker bikes at higher speeds.

Uh...I'm a nerd. And this was off topic for the thread. Sorry.
right on.....you thought about that a lot, eh

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
yeah, for sure. ask any WC racer who had to run those tires what they think of them. The term 'nevagrips' was actually coined by a member of the Kenda team, and if their lack of grip didn't get you their inability to remain inflated would. great tires for most people, but not the proper tool for the job Palmer is trying to do. the way some guys corner on the WC circuit these days is really pushing tires to the limit.

lots of people like nevegals, but lots of people aren't going the speed it takes to make a world cup final; that's where different tire characteristics really start to come into play. any tire might do okay going around a corner at 20 mph, but it's a whole different story at 35.
Haha... I heard so much bad press about the Nevegals that I left a free tire sitting around my garage for nearly a year. Eventually I went stuff it and chucked it on the front... Now while I can't speak for rear tyre resistance to pinch flats, I can say the Nevegal 2.5 Stick-E compound Tomac Edition (yeah what a mouthfull but apparently the version is what makes the difference), is definitely my favourite over the Slow Reezay Minions I've run for the past three years.

I might change my mind once I rotate it to the rear wheel and really test it's puncture resistance, but for now I love it and consider it a better tyre than the Minion

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
My son would like to speak to You regarding Nevagals.
I had a short talk with him about them when I spotted him with maxxis tires on his bike. I asked him why he was not running Kendas, the answer was short and not to sweet :clapping:

I got a free set of 2.5 nevagrips last year and tried them out for a weekend, they didn't stay on my bike for more than a few runs. Those tires blow

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I switched from Nevegals to Minions this year and will never look back. The Super tacky's grip like mad and have worn well for me despite riding 5 days a week. Its not that the Nevegal is a bad tire, its just that it does not have the high speed grip of the Maxxis tires. I'd like to try the 3c compound but they're always out of stock.