Quantcast

Syracuse Skytop

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
Yo. How do you get to the freeride sections at skytop? do you have to cross the quarry? i found some trails out in the woods up there but nothing very long or particularly interesting...Like, I know people probably haven't set anything up yet cuz the snow just left but are there any interesting rock gardens or drops i can hit?

also, something of interest to anyone looking here. Syracuse University is building something back up in skytop in that empty lot...construction could mess things up

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
they've been building something back there since I first went to skytop, maybe 6 years ago. I think they move dirt from one side of the park to the other....BUT that stuff is outside the quarry, and doesn't affect any of the good bits.

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
They're actually really building something now though...they announced it in the D.O. and no worries, I ain't the popo, just a frosh lookin for some trails to ride. I was just back in the quarry...last night, i guess. I'm not positive, took a pretty hard crash to the head on some of the djs, heh. yippee full face (even though mine is crap).
I met some guy out on the jumps but rolled out before I asked him if hes a monkey. You can pm me, although im pretty sure whoever actually works there doesn't really care anymore/ doesn't even check anymore. I did some of the loop, i guess, but ended early cuz light was getting low. some nifty singletrack mixed in there...I'm just getting into more stuff than XC--almost done building my light dh/freeride hardtail

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
as for the trails...are you a cop?
Oh give the guy a break, Those trails are no secret. Ive spoken to cops on the way in there. You can get to the free ride section by turning left and riding through the mini moab section. You'll pass a bunch of drops and a few jumps. Go across the quary past some pillars with graph on em and your in