Quantcast

*T*h*u*r*s*d*a*y*

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fat bus is back in service, it had a broken fan belt ( driving a big Dodge sprinter with no power steering back to the shop was really really hard. The sucker did not want to turn at all)..It's a good thing as today will be in the high 90s and it has the best AC in the fleet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
3rd constitutional of the morning.....all i had was a hamburger last night?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good ride last night. Managed to snag one of those crown thingies on my dork logger. All without killing any pedestrians either, so I'd say that's a pretty good result.

Got a friend coming into town tonight. If the weather holds out we may head into the canyons and climb.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmmm.....once again i've left myself no time to visit glacier national park this vacation....

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley slept until after 6am. I managed to leave for my swim before she woke up. 1000 yards, 500 at 85%. Feels much better than the intervals I've been doing all week. Last swim until Monday. Still have a 40 minute run this evening.

Wifey still uphappy that I spent as much as I did on the bike, but not too mad. I also have come to find that the training program I am doing is not a "do a half-Ironman" program, but an "I'm here to compete" program. I let her know this and she wants me to keep on it, if I can. She wants me to go all-in if I can make it happen.

We did find one issue with it though, and that is that she travels a full week per month. During that week, I obviously can't leave Haley by herself to go workout. I most likely won't be able to swim those weeks and doubt I'll be able to run. Thankfully Wifey has an eliptical downstairs, so I can use that in the stead of a run. The lack of swim is somewhat concerning though, as I have a 20 week program and I will be missing a full 25% of the swim workouts.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
can you do morning and evening swims prior to or after the week she is gone?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Haley slept until after 6am. I managed to leave for my swim before she woke up. 1000 yards, 500 at 85%. Feels much better than the intervals I've been doing all week. Last swim until Monday. Still have a 40 minute run this evening.

Wifey still uphappy that I spent as much as I did on the bike, but not too mad. I also have come to find that the training program I am doing is not a "do a half-Ironman" program, but an "I'm here to compete" program. I let her know this and she wants me to keep on it, if I can. She wants me to go all-in if I can make it happen.

We did find one issue with it though, and that is that she travels a full week per month. During that week, I obviously can't leave Haley by herself to go workout. I most likely won't be able to swim those weeks and doubt I'll be able to run. Thankfully Wifey has an eliptical downstairs, so I can use that in the stead of a run. The lack of swim is somewhat concerning though, as I have a 20 week program and I will be missing a full 25% of the swim workouts.
Looks like you'll just need to spend a wee bit more cash:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What a morning. Fog, rain, got kicked out from a dentist's seat for being too congested still, then derp boss laid another stinker in front of a customer. Afternoon outlook - rain, gloom, buncha meetings with office derps.

http://isitweekendalready.com/ ?

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Went to the Apple store to get my sleep button repaired so free recall they have. The form I sign say I can keep the loner phone and they will then keep my phone. They give me what looks like a brand new phone. Now why would I was the time to go get my old phone back when I can just keep this one :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went to the Apple store to get my sleep button repaired so free recall they have. The form I sign say I can keep the loner phone and they will then keep my phone. They give me what looks like a brand new phone. Now why would I was the time to go get my old phone back when I can just keep this one :rofl:
As long as they transfer everything over, right?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Flew to Denver with wife and kid, only temporarily for long weekend. Saw house we already agreed/paid to rent. It looks nice. Baby didn't like alternate brand soy milk which made for drama until another alternate brand was procured.

On the flight over I was pressed into medical duty by an "is there a doctor in the house?" overhead call. I helped the patient out and shall probably get something as a gift from Alaska in return. :feelsgoodman:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flew to Denver with wife and kid, only temporarily for long weekend. Saw house we already agreed/paid to rent. It looks nice. Baby didn't like alternate brand soy milk which made for drama until another alternate brand was procured.

On the flight over I was pressed into medical duty by an "is there a doctor in the house?" overhead call. I helped the patient out and shall probably get something as a gift from Alaska in return. :feelsgoodman:
Why no normal milk? Lactose intolerant?

Also, good on you. I bet you've always wanted to do that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why no normal milk? Lactose intolerant?

Also, good on you. I bet you've always wanted to do that.
Mariko doesn't seem to like cow's milk for whatever reason. She went straight from breast milk to soy with only a day's experiment with cow's milk.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Toshi ... do you have time to ride / hang / beer on this trip??
All time is consumed by chasing baby-kins around this trip + hanging with my sister and her family in Stoney's 'hood.

I think I'll go for a solo get acquainted with altitude ride or two during the baby free week I'll have in the beginning of July, between driving here for good and starting work. I'm truly really incredibly slow these days, no joke. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
All time is consumed by chasing baby-kins around this trip + hanging with my sister and her family in Stoney's 'hood.
I found out recently that Stoney's 'hood is apparently the Swinger hangout. Look for white-painted boulders in the front yard. :brows:

I think I'll go for a solo get acquainted with altitude ride or two during the baby free week I'll have in the beginning of July, between driving here for good and starting work. I'm truly really incredibly slow these days, no joke. :D
There are two types of mt bikers:

1) Those that are faster than me
2) Me