Quantcast

T.T.C. D.H. race sat sept. 18th

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
So we are going to try this again,, hopefully no rain this time.
Same format as last time but this time if it rains enuff to not run the big side, is say we run the funkytree trail to trail#1 and finish the same rock area we did the first race this year. me and mo rode it today in the middle of a downpour thunder storm, both of us healing from seperated shoulders,and we had a blast!
As for prizes,,,pretty much no sponsors, so no new swag for the race, but we do have a lil stuff left over for the inter. and beg. class.
And for expert class,,, a good friend of mine runs hales bar marina and resort,,( for those of you that come from chattanooga or atlanta, it is the huge concrete building half in the river on i-24 2 exits before the ttc exit)http://www.halesbarmarina.com/

i dont know exactly what it will be , we could divide a few cabins and boat rentals to all the podium, but first place could possably be getting cabin of choice, floating cabin,luxury cabin,rustic cabin, and boat rental, pool and mini golf pass and water slide pass..they got a 40 or so foot water slide into the lake, mo is gonna take his yak off it after the race!

so after the race, our plan is to go to the marina,eat at the floating restaurant ,,hit the water slide,ride our bikes inside the hales bar dam and d.h. 5 flights of crazy stairs,, and hang out on a freaking large pontoon boat with a water slide on it and a ski boat so we can wakeboard and ski,, this will go on late sat, and through sunday,,, nothing is set in stone yet , but how does this sound?

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
so after the race, our plan is to go to the marina,eat at the floating restaurant ,,hit the water slide,ride our bikes inside the hales bar dam and d.h. 5 flights of crazy stairs,, and hang out on a freaking large pontoon boat with a water slide on it and a ski boat so we can wakeboard and ski,, this will go on late sat, and through sunday,,, nothing is set in stone yet , but how does this sound?

Sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I duck hunt on Nick and would kill do DH inside Hales Bar.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
TTC is very grassroots. Everything you need to know is in first post. Expect beer drinking, hanging out, and rope swinging, with a timed run towards the end of the day.

Josh, don't get too wrapped up in the AM vs. Pro thing. If you want to "race" on the big side then register for the Open/pro class.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
TTC is very grassroots. Everything you need to know is in first post. Expect beer drinking, hanging out, and rope swinging, with a timed run towards the end of the day.

Josh, don't get too wrapped up in the AM vs. Pro thing. If you want to "race" on the big side then register for the Open/pro class.
True dat. Besides with all the sandbaggin Mo-Fo's that run AM, trying to grab podium is pointless.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
camping at ttc 10 bucks a site,,,ttc cabins are around 50 bucks. and for whoever wants to stay at hales bar with us sat nite,,i think he may do a cabin special for racers for like 38 bucks,with cable tv and all that!

so for anyone making a weekend out of it,, the place to be is ttc on friday nite and hales bar sat nite

map to ttc is at www trialstrainingcenter.com
300 woodland rd. Sequatchie
, TN

Last edited:

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
is it cool if we have expert class only have 1 timed run? but with of course plenty of pre-race runs,and expert class can still run the goat trail while other classes are racing if needed.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I prefer one run. As racers we should help you with timing. I'll help out. Plus I'm going to bring some of my old gear laying around to toss into the prize bin. Its used but someone may want it.

Jul 6, 2010
Lafayette, La
Loo - My shoulder is feeling good after a solid 2 month rest since my virgin trip to WindRock, and I guess I'm done enjoying the sunshine and Dos Equis' from the Carribean. So I'm down for some good DH. Give me the info!

Addict

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The old 2 stopwatches and a walkie talkie setup works great. I'm gonna try and make it to this one..
You better get a weather report first. My bubby drove 4 1/2 hours up there last time, and they called off the race when an afternoon storm rolled through.
I want to do this race, but for that long of a drive, I want to see something written in stone that the race is on! Hey, that rhymed.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
JeremyR, in defense of TTC the trail was very new, narrow, and potentially could have been destroyed for a race in those conditions. The TTC was ready to hold the race, but asked all 10 of us, which were to race that track, what we wanted to do and the majority decided to punt. The TTC did continue to shuttle guys on the small side and held the am race on the small side. It was a racer decision. The TTC is very grassroots, hella fun, and very low key. If you want something more "written in stone" it just not that kind of venue. Hell they don't even have prizes for the next race. Its just some buds having fun on a cool track with a timed run thrown in.

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
JeremyR, in defense of TTC the trail was very new, narrow, and potentially could have been destroyed for a race in those conditions. The TTC was ready to hold the race, but asked all 10 of us, which were to race that track, what we wanted to do and the majority decided to punt. The TTC did continue to shuttle guys on the small side and held the am race on the small side. It was a racer decision. The TTC is very grassroots, hella fun, and very low key. If you want something more "written in stone" it just not that kind of venue. Hell they don't even have prizes for the next race. Its just some buds having fun on a cool track with a timed run thrown in.
You mean no bussed in spectators!!
I am out!!

Ha, I'll be there. Hella fun is my actual middle name.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well I was well into a case of PBR and some of Country James' white lighting but the time I decided to punt. I had to have something to do while we waited out the storm. But the track is pretty awesome.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
I don't think it was even a matter of the trail being destroyed. That top section would have claimed lives.

You guys are the weaksuace:rolleyes:
I was just as juiced as ProFro and after the storm moved out, the sun came and we rode the bigside and it wasn't a horrible slopfest and traction was good.
My bike was barely muddy!
I think we should have raced it but it was fun swimming in the river instead.
Especially out steezing Joey-bag-of-donuts on the rope swing...:thumb:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
The run into the rock drop looks good. I'm itching to get back there. This time though I plan on gettin there earlier on fri and riding the sh1t out dem der trails.

Jeremy - I think it was more an issue of safety for the racers that was voted on by the racers. A good decision by them. I had rode down the big the big side at the first race, and wanted to do it again for the am class. I went up to do it, and the course was very different from the the month or so of it getting ridden on, so I decided to not do it, plus it was way above my skill level or lack thereof.
I think there were like about six or eight of us that did the am side of the race course and the rocks get slick when wet. It's more like marble than the rocks we are used to. Kind of like riding on ice. It was fun, but every time your tires hit a square edge, you almost go down like Lindsey in jail.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
yea yea,,, expert class 1st place gets this,,, and prolly a boat rental,, depending on avalibility at time of cabin stay http://www.halesbarmarina.com/cabinsland.php

expert class 2nd place gets this http://www.halesbarmarina.com/cabinsfloating.php

3rd place gets a regular cabin, i cant find a pic of,,,
winners get use there free cabin rentals at any time,, not just ater the race.

cabins for all racers will be 38 bucks for a cabin that sleeps at least 4, cable tv, kithcen ,and all that.
if we can get a few people to stay and party and rent some cabins, we should be able to give away more cabins and boat rentals for the next race.

,, im bring'n this

and this,,

Last edited:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
That new drop you cut in at the top is fun as hell Troy, it was the biggest I've hit and well deserving of its name. It'd be cool to put that at the beginning of the race run, but I'll probably be the only one to say that.
When I come up on the 17th I'm gonna session the sh1t out of it, I just think it needs a little shovel work to make the landing a little smoother. I willing to help try and straighten out the big side too. Let me know.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
the N.I.T.A. drop ,,

anyone that wants to ride or work this weekend , we should be out there saturday and sunday,,we got a good little bit of trailwork to do for the race. i can hook some peeps up with a cabin if they wanna work half a day.

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
Just now able to walk again...can't wait to come party with all you fools again !!! :thumb: Maybee i'll be in good enough shape to wakeboard

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just now able to walk again...can't wait to come party with all you fools again !!! :thumb: Maybee i'll be in good enough shape to wakeboard
You're brave. I'm no rock star on a wake board, but I think I'd rather wreck riding DH after an injury than on the wake board. heck, it's all i can do to just keep from breaking myself in half trying to cross the freakin' wake. :confused:

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
I've been on a strict diet given to me by my surgeon, lots of whey protein, defatted soy flour, skim milk, and leafy vegatables. Its worked wonders and i'm absorbing twice the normal amount of calcium, of course it means no alcohol, sugar, caffeine, or salty foods. No alcohol sucks but he ok'd herbal remedies :D

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
the goat trail is buffed,, the lil rain we got may knock the dust down,,and weather looking good so far for this weekend.,,
and we got the blazer halfway down the mtn. till the bottom droped out on us and we had to give up or die!