Quantcast

$%#@ Taco Tuesday *^%$

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep - this is something that should be at least discussed in the first interview, IMO. I wasted 3 interviews on a job that just simply wasn't going to pay enough once... lesson learned.
Washington passed a law that makes employers list a salary range.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I don't know. This sort of stuff hits me hard lately. Makes you realize life goes quick. Trying to make the best of it with my kids while they still want to hang out with me.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Jesus it's good I don't live in a country where everyone has guns. If someone is having a party in my or a building next to mine (during weekdays laaaaate AF at night, I get what the weekends are for) and then is a dick when asked to maybe tone it down my inner crazy person wakes up. I literally look for ways to assault someones ego and to stand in someones way as much as possible. I'm fully ready to get punched. Hell todays winner of "I don't know how to live in the city" will probably win a free ticket to me being an asshole every time I see him for the next month. Jesus I hate entitled morons.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Waiting on a red light for a 16 miles single lane roadworks in bumfuck OR. I think we're 10 minutes in so far.
20220719_175417.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hero dirt around here. Hot and dry. Did fine with no bug juice. Still cannot ride wheelies. Glad to know it's not bike specific. Or the bug juice.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yep - this is something that should be at least discussed in the first interview, IMO. I wasted 3 interviews on a job that just simply wasn't going to pay enough once... lesson learned.
Been hosed like this before, just sorta figured the company bragging about their exponential growth and actively recruiting would at least be somewhere in the realm of reasonable. I figured wrong.

Im also not entirely certain the way they stated pay was legal. It was a salaried position, with an expectation of 50 hours worked every week, but they state the pay as an hourly rate, calculated as 1/2000 of your salary, and missing work results in being docked by the pay rate for the hours missed. I can’t figure out how that’s not a Mickey Mouse way to demand 10 hours of unpaid overtime every week.

Kind of a bummer as they really did have some cool projects, but good fucking luck finding someone with my skill set, nevermind someone who will do it for what they’re trying to pay. Truthfully they’ll need to hire 3-4 people to cover all the things they want, or they could have just given me teh monies.

Seeing as how my major complaint at the current company is I’m just not pushed to work particularly hard I guess it could be worse.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think the retaining wall on my sideyard is failing. The grass and dirt has a kind of, ripped apart/stretching terrain starting to develop and the retaining wall doesn't look vertical anymore. Also explains why the mower got more difficult to go up and down the stairs - they might have been getting pushed narrower.

Anybody know who one calls to actually investigate this type of stuff?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I think the retaining wall on my sideyard is failing. The grass and dirt has a kind of, ripped apart/stretching terrain starting to develop and the retaining wall doesn't look vertical anymore. Also explains why the mower got more difficult to go up and down the stairs - they might have been getting pushed narrower.

structural engineer

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I guess that would depend on whether the retaining wall is a structural necessity or just a landscape feature.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
All retaining walls are temporary violations of the 2nd thermodynamics law.
Going to see what letting dry out does. The ground is clearly saturated, so I'm going to change that zone to 3 heads, since they don't water even withing 10' of that area, leaving that whole area to dry out. Once it dries out, if it doesn't stabilize, it might end up escalating Wifey's backyard reno plan... Good thing rates are going up! :banghead:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going to see what letting dry out does. The ground is clearly saturated, so I'm going to change that zone to 3 heads, since they don't water even withing 10' of that area, leaving that whole area to dry out. Once it dries out, if it doesn't stabilize, it might end up escalating Wifey's backyard reno plan... Good thing rates are going up! :banghead:
If the wall isn't vertical anymore then I'd think its already failed at doing its job?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If the wall isn't vertical anymore then I'd think its already failed at doing its job?
It's off by about 5*. Not drastic, but noticable. It's pressure treated 6*6's joined by rebar. One end, where the head is, is on an end (120* concave). That is starting to push out slightly.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
All retaining walls are temporary violations of the 2nd thermodynamics law.
Yup.

Just wait until you see the prices for retaining walls from landscape companies... :panic:

Yep.

It's off by about 5*. Not drastic, but noticable. It's pressure treated 6*6's joined by rebar. One end, where the head is, is on an end (120* concave). That is starting to push out slightly.
It irritates the shit out of me that municipalities allow/allowed fucking wood for structural retaining walls.