Quantcast

Tacoma Trials

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Yeah, its 830 on a friday night so no one will likely be checking this before, but a group of us are going to hit up the waterfront tomorrow.

Anyone who wants to learn about trials or just rip it up with us is welcome to show.

Old Town by the waterfront (30th and Mccarver I believe) at 11 tomorrow morning.

Jonathan

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
whats trials? haha silly wanabe. trials kicks ars and is the the most chalenging aspect of mountain biking. very few people can do it. but its sick watching those who are really good.

Is that a gsr hooligan in that picture? aren't those stays like 17.5" long? hm.. seems about 2.5 inches longer than they should be...

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
iridebikes said:
whats trials? haha silly wanabe. trials kicks ars and is the the most chalenging aspect of mountain biking. very few people can do it. but its sick watching those who are really good.

Is that a gsr hooligan in that picture? aren't those stays like 17.5" long? hm.. seems about 2.5 inches longer than they should be...
Yeah, its not the most appropriate picture, but a quick google image search turned it up. The only other pictures were of the skinsuite types.

Next ride will be next weekend at Lincoln Park for some crazy natural riding. Ill post again when things become a little clearer as far as the time.

BTW, the ride rocked. I almost died, flatted twice and dented my brand new frame. Trials rocks though - cant think of a better way to spend a saturday.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
when is the lincoln park ride? I want to go, and I know someone else who would really want to go for a groupe ride down there.

T90BOB

Chimp
Dec 28, 2004
please let us know what time and maybe some diretions.I`ll bring my skinsuite and bmx bike, thanks alot we`ll see you there.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
iridebikes said:
when is the lincoln park ride? I want to go, and I know someone else who would really want to go for a groupe ride down there.

Its looking like saturday right now, but I will check with others involved and see. Ive never been to lincoln park, but Ive heard its got wicked log lines. Dont know exactly where it is, but somewhere in west seattle.

Jonathan

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Ill talk it up. I have tests galore early next week, but I could probably arrange to study on saturday. Ill check into it. It would have to be sunday afternoon though since I haint gonna get up before 10.

Jonathan

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
I have been shotting video, but no stills. Here are some frames taken from my vid.

Aki upping:

Me dropping:

Me Gapping:

and again:

From a ride at UW a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for the poor quality, but until I get the vid hosted they will have to do.

Jonathan

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Looks like the ride this week is gonna be saturday at lincoln park around 11.

If anyone from the south (tacoma, Olympia) is planning on going up and wouldnt mind giving two poor college students a ride up, we would be much obliged - the bus is a major pain.

Jonathan