Quantcast

Tacos Good

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Our secretary was hungry this morning, so a taco run was deemed necessary. I got one barbacoa, w/the cilantro and onions, and one chorizo/egg.

We got tired of the pedestrian salsa so now they pack a little cup of "extra-hot" (the stuff is basically just red chile paste) for us to smear on 'em.

CORN tortillas, holmes. . .

YUMMMMY.

Sorry no pics. No time for that foolishness w/tacos in front of me.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Mmmm, I love tacos. Australia doesn't seem to know what Mexican food(or at least good Mexican food) is. I'm seriously lacking on decent taco ingredients....mainly uber hot salsa. You just made my mouth water...that and the fact that it's lunch time......we don't have chorizo either. First stop when I get home in December is a burrito and taco place in SB......so yummy!

The Ito

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
ito said:
Mmmm, I love tacos. Australia doesn't seem to know what Mexican food(or at least good Mexican food) is. I'm seriously lacking on decent taco ingredients....mainly uber hot salsa. You just made my mouth water...that and the fact that it's lunch time......we don't have chorizo either. First stop when I get home in December is a burrito and taco place in SB......so yummy!

The Ito
Do they grow chiles down there? You know, jalapenos, habaneros, serranos? Just get some of those and make your own butt-burning sauce.

Either way, at least you have something to look forward to when you come back.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
You'd think living in San Diego you could find some descent mexican food, well I've been to plenty of hole in the wall taco shops and I've yet to find one that serves barbacoa with cilantro and onion. They all want to put two fried corn tortillas on a plate, drop a few nuggets of ground beef in and cover it with lettuice and tomatos and call it a taco plate. I could get that at taco bell for half the price! Give me a barbacoa taco with double tortillas some salsa and a little salt, tacos al pastor, tacos de buche, de discada, anything that is served on a soft corn tortilla with cilantro and onion.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Kornphlake said:
Give me a barbacoa taco with double tortillas some salsa and a little salt, tacos al pastor, tacos de buche, de discada, anything that is served on a soft corn tortilla with cilantro and onion.
Aw dang, I shouldn't have read that! Today is a granola-bar morning. Ugh. I could really use some of that taco goodness.

Some of the best tacos I ever had were from a foggy, hazy hangover morning after a party I hosted several years ago. My buddy Emilio had crashed on the couch and he took me to a little stand in Houston's East End. It looked like an open-air diner, where old dudes sat around little tables by open windows, and women behind the counter spooned big heaps of gooey meat onto the soft corn tortillas ("Mas?" "Como no?") They had 3-4 different kinds of pico and salsa on every table.

Sitting at one of those rickety little formica-covered tables, I piled on the pico and got my therapy. I know I ate some pork and some beef, but that's all I really know. The sun came out of the haze while we ate, and my head cleared up too. Two of those greasy, spicy missiles and a 20oz Coke, and I was good as new!

Right now I could really use some tacos de lengua con aguacate. Damn, maybe I can make a quick taco run this morning. . .