Quantcast

Tahoe stuff

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Man that was a fun day...nothing like getting all freetarded with the 'Woo. Gotta hit that shizz again sometime.

The rock Kevin is launching off...well of course it's bigger in person, but more importantly there is also a sketchy run in to a ladder bridge and gap jump of about 5 feet or so onto the slab. Casing or overshooting the approach would be bad. Definitely the tech move of the day and Kidwoo nailed it. The rest of us moused out, citing clipless pedals, the wrong bikes, and sandy vaginas.

BTW, the fine folks at the ER could not tell if my buddy's nose was broken :rolleyes: , but he's fine and had no problems riding the next couple of days.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
The rock Kevin is launching off...well of course it's bigger in person, but more importantly there is also a sketchy run in to a ladder bridge and gap jump of about 5 feet or so onto the slab. Casing or overshooting the approach would be bad. Definitely the tech move of the day and Kidwoo nailed it. The rest of us moused out, citing clipless pedals, the wrong bikes, and sandy vaginas.
You were saving it for the "real riding" at Downieville...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
kidwoo said:
Good to hear. I cringe thinking about the force behind his face pushing it into that tree. eeesh

Yeah he came out amazingly well, considering.

For those who weren't there, my friend used his face to stop his bike. He looked back to check on something then looked ahead just before taking a tree branch to the nose. Oh, and this was an MTB tandem with his girlfriend on the back. Yeah, one nose to stop two people and a very heavy bike. :dead:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Yeah he came out amazingly well, considering.

For those who weren't there, my friend used his face to stop his bike. He looked back to check on something then looked ahead just before taking a tree branch to the nose. Oh, and this was an MTB tandem with his girlfriend on the back. Yeah, one nose to stop two people and a very heavy bike. :dead:
I am glad your friend is ok. I didn't see anyone bleeding when I caught you on Sunday, so I hope everyone was feeling alright then.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Woo, that's the ****!

Anyone want to do Peavine or something like it Wednesday of next week?

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Jackass and Dirty Harry are great trails. I was in Tahoe in the Fall and winter living at squaw, got to ride both in November, that rock stunt is super fun. Wish I could be riding there right now, but VT is starting to dry out. Is the tyrolian DH melted out yet?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice one. generally speaking, where are those trails? it's been a while since i did any trail riding @ tahoe but i know the general vicinity.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I didn't give any exact locations so chill, it would take people a long time to find that trail, maybe you should talk to the joeys who park on the main road and start to pad up in front of traffic, as opposed to me saying something on an RM thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tmeyer said:
I didn't give any exact locations so chill, it would take people a long time to find that trail, maybe you should talk to the joeys who park on the main road and start to pad up in front of traffic, as opposed to me saying something on an RM thread.

Right. And the more you get people in the area looking for them, the more cars you get parked around there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
amydalayna said:
kidwoo -- sad i wasn't invited. i'll get over it though. i take it you're all healed up, yeah?

I think so. I keep falling on the other shoulder so it's all good.

I rode toads the other day and slid off all the sand on the last bridge at full speed. Should be clear now. Cept for the leg hair on the edge of the lumber.

Want to ride?

Just a phone call away.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo -
let's do some riding. i'm down. friday? saturday? sunday? i have no plans this weekend. i will give you a call and see what you're up to.

OG - thanks for the invite. report on the way....