Taipei 2009

ozzemale

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney
Well since no one has done it yet.
Ok guys,

Let this be the taipei photo gathering.

time for some cool **** to come up for the new year.
I found some photos on french website.

details here for that one:
http://rouler.com.au/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1237810557&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

new totems:

French goodness:

woodgrain is kicking off!

Ultimate version of dt swiss with carbon steerer

control tech launches itself in the drivetrain:

rennies new bars i think

nicho

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
oh good lord the e-speculation for this bike ALONE will probably crash the Ridemonkey servers.

let the BS begin...:popcorn:

i was told directly from the trek chief designer's sales rep's friends sisters boyfriend that sam hill going to specialized was actually all a big sham while they
perfected this badboy. they designed it so that sam could accurate out of corners faster. it weighs 4 lbs and uses a mix of a modified DW link mixed with a jackshaft and a pivot on the chainstay 6mm off the fsr system....... its gona be a winner for sure

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
Well since no one has done it yet.
Ok guys,

new totems:

nicho
You're kidding right. Right after RS pulled an early release date for the Boxxer thatt I was set on, but do to them not keeping to their dates I settled for a Galvanized Totem Solo-Air. And now they pull this clean black one out of their pocket? :disgust1:

I gotta do some calling, lol. Hopefully nothing changed internally...

I must say though, I am very impressed with my totem so far!

Daz

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
Post is a couple of years old, seat looks promising. Can't fault my SDG Bel-Air I-Beam seat though.
The new Kore I-Beam is a cold forged alloy. supposed to be very tough, doesn't take as much torque on the bolts to get the clamps tight as there is no plastic to squish. Weights are supposed to be pretty close to the plastic. they had some different colors too red, blue, green, etc.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
The Totems are hot!!! If those are sag markings on the stanchions... All air shocks should have them from 15-35% in 5% increments in my opinion.

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
My wallet's sweating... Interesting, I thought woodgrain would be the logical choice for the Totems... Wood, Totem pole, get it?
Woodgrain isn't on the Totem, those are above. The woodgrain fork is an RST SPACE dirt jump fork. Still sick though.

You got me thinking though, I have a totem, some coppered color woodgrain would match my bike perfectly. Hmmm, maybe next year...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Integrated fork bumpers and real chain stay protection from the factory - is this really possible?
The R9 has integrated fork bumpers, always has.

Damo, I am going to have to disagree on the hottest bike. The front triangle is nice, (trek triangle) and it has a glory hole, plus the rear triangle is one mass of ugliness.

Not a fan.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I dunno, Danny Hart had that same paintjob at Vigo last weekend, and it looked amazing in the flesh.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The R9 has integrated fork bumpers, always has.

Damo, I am going to have to disagree on the hottest bike. The front triangle is nice, (trek triangle) and it has a glory hole, plus the rear triangle is one mass of ugliness.

Not a fan.
Damo has been brainwashed by the French.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that lapierre is a beauty...shame about the glory hole though...really ruins the asthetic, despite the logic, of the bike.

I think 1996 is coming back. Control Tech is back in the market, and the first over9000 posts were all of multi-colored ano parts. silly. Still waiting on 3d violet.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Anyone have better pics/info on the DT-swiss fork? I'm curious if they are using a one piece crown/steer like the SID or a pressed/bonded similar to a conventional setup.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Did anyone find any pics of e13 LG1+ and SRS+ from Taipei?
There had to be at least 100 different people taking pictures (that I saw during my brief 2 days at the show). Can't believe that none have showed up yet.. I love the guys who do the whole 360 with their video camera.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There had to be at least 100 different people taking pictures (that I saw during my brief 2 days at the show). Can't believe that none have showed up yet.. I love the guys who do the whole 360 with their video camera.
At least they're not playing pocket pool while they do it... I hope.