Quantcast

tall riders ?

Dec 11, 2005
WL Oregon
hi all, first post.

I am considering getting a Haro Backtrail X3 for DJ and park, I havent had a BMX since I was little so I dont fit on them like I used to. I am 6'2" and the backtrail has a 20.25 toptube, is this going to be too small for me ? what are some opinions on this bike ? I can get the 2005 backtrail for $180.00 !!! so I was thinking it would be a good way to kinda test the waters of BMX biking. is there anyone else out there that is a tall rider ? I am currently riding a 04' P.2 and I picked up a 05' P.1 Cr-Mo ( my DJ bike ) can anyone help me out ? because I had an old BMX laying around, I rode ot for a bit and I feel really wierd riding it. is this something i'll get used to ? or are BMX bikes just to small for me ?

thanks

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver
I am 6' and ride a 20.5" tt. It's comfortable and doesn't feel "kid" short. If you're going to go 20" then I would go with at least a 20.75" TT. Spend some coin and get a bike that fits.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
20.25 seems too short. some people do ride short frames like that and are 6 foot or taller but most don't.

I'd go 20.75 or 21 and get big bars. 28 wide and 8 inches tall. and lots of spacers under your stem.

you'll enjoy riding more if your bike fits you.

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
I have a friend who is 6 4-65 and rides flatland on a bike with a 18.5 in tt. i dont understand it, i can barely ride the thing at 5 9

Dec 11, 2005
WL Oregon
pnj said:
20.25 seems too short. some people do ride short frames like that and are 6 foot or taller but most don't.

I'd go 20.75 or 21 and get big bars. 28 wide and 8 inches tall. and lots of spacers under your stem.

you'll enjoy riding more if your bike fits you.
do you think it makes any since to get the haro mostly for the parts, and save up for a bigger frame ? because at 180 bucks you cant really beat it, and I know a friend that is willing to sell me his frame for 100 bucks. its got a 21.2 TT

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
todd_freeride said:
do you think it makes any since to get the haro mostly for the parts, and save up for a bigger frame ? because at 180 bucks you cant really beat it, and I know a friend that is willing to sell me his frame for 100 bucks. its got a 21.2 TT
sounds good to me. i didn't look at the parts list but it's probably OK for starting out. you could probably find some kid at the park to buy the haro frame.