Quantcast

Tapered steerer tube fork for SX Trail

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'm helping a friend spec out a new SX Trail frame and was wondering if the Fox 36 Float rc2 is available with the tapered (1.5-1.125") steerer tube to go with the SX Trail frame.

If not, what is the preferred headset setup with the tapered head tube frames?

Zeus

Chimp
Jan 11, 2009
I believe that they are only availible in a 1.5 or 1.1/8. so you would have to run the later with a reducing bottom cup.

Nov 4, 2007
Bay Area
You can order taper steerer Lyriks right now. Fox doesn't currently have these available. As mentioned above, the rumour is they'll be out "soon" but I have been asking around but have yet to hear anything firm.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Shhhhh.......

when I expressed a similar sentement (that the lack of availability of parts is bad for consumers), I got told by numerous monkeys that I was just in-informed/scared/etc......

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Shhhhh.......

when I expressed a similar sentement (that the lack of availability of parts is bad for consumers), I got told by numerous monkeys that I was just in-informed/scared/etc......
You mean the Fox that is the same Fox he could run if he had a 1 1/8" headtube isn't available?

Tapered is what onepointfive should have been. All the advantages with normal stems and half as many proprietary headset parts.