Quantcast

Team America?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
yep still around and "declined" one of the fastest riders in the US...
care to elaborate? they just picked up Niko and his little bro, I'm sure that cuts into their funding somewhat.

edit: "When you see Arec Barrwin, you see the true ugriness of human nature."
there are too many classic quotes from that damn movie!!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Dennis, quit while your ahead. Lot's of people on this forum know lots of stuff and your prior post will not help anything or anybody...................just saying

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Dennis, quit while your ahead. Lot's of people on this forum know lots of stuff and your prior post will not help anything or anybody...................just saying
lol geeez dont get all sour on me now. i just dont feel like its my right to say.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
lol geeez dont get all sour on me now. i just dont feel like its my right to say.
Haha, by saying something, I new exactly who you were talking about. Sort of like the Stevie Smith's friend/fanboy on the forums giving away the fact that he was going to be riding for Evil.

ParkerW

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Race City USA, NC
I don't know who they could have "Declined" that is any faster then the people the already have on the team or does not already have a spot on another factory team.

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
JD maybe? Just thinking outloud. He was on MS, right? They move to evil, he's not on the roster...No word of him anywhere, maybe he tried to go for Team America, but denied.

Oh and you forgot to let Rennie going to Morewood out of the bag. coughpinkbikeTODcough Some kid was asking if he was still on Syndicate today.

Last edited:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
JD maybe? Just thinking outloud. He was on MS, right? They move to evil, he's not on the roster...No word of him anywhere, maybe he tried to go for Team America, but denied.

Oh and you forgot to let Rennie going to Morewood out of the bag. coughpinkbikeTODcough Some kid was asking if he was still on Syndicate today.
I'm going to have to agree and say JD also.

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
I'm out, and so are two others from last year. Still on Specialized, back on I9, Cane Creek, and Gamut. Everything else is up in the air. News came really late so it put a lot of us in quite a bind. I won't get into the details so don't ask. The team is definitely different now. Oh yeah Neko and Logan are sick!!!! Enough said.

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Herndon, I hate to here that, but I hope it for the best for you. I hope evreything works out for you, bro and look foward to riding w/ you. See you soon...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm out, and so are two others from last year. Still on Specialized, back on I9, Cane Creek, and Gamut. Everything else is up in the air. News came really late so it put a lot of us in quite a bind. I won't get into the details so don't ask. The team is definitely different now. Oh yeah Neko and Logan are sick!!!! Enough said.
Sucks to hear about that dude, good luck, shouldn't be to hard to get on something new.

You don't need to tell us how sick Neko is, that kid is on fire.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
And about posting things I'm "not totally sure about", this is the internet thats what it's for, if everyone only posted comments about things they were "totally sure" about then no one on this site (and every other) would have a post count higher than 47.
That would actually be a good thing.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Anybody know if Team America is still gonna be around for the 2009 season? Sponsors? Any info?
Team America Roster for 2009:
Kyle Strait
Cody Warren
Neko Mulally
Logan Mulally
So far...
Sponsors are looking to be pretty much the same as last year.

John Dillon (JD) is rumored to be taking the season off from racing, or at least not racing a "full schedule'.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Something that I think is pretty funny. They Declined one of the fastest guys in America is two different guys. I don't think , yuroshek and voodoohoo are talking about the same guy.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Glad to see that Neko and Logan are getting some support and props. However, it seems odd to me that Decline Team America would drop guys like Herndon and Bangert who race all the time and represent some of the best racers in American right now.....and replace them with a guy like Strait who was touted as the next big thing years ago, but I've only seen him do a few races here and there without a real focus of sorts, show up in videos from time to time, and compete at freeride/slopestyle comps seemingly at random.

Not flaming the guy (Strait) or the team, I've got respect for both, but it just seems odd that Decline Team America let guys of the "present" go and are pinning all their hopes on guys of the "past" and guys of the distant "future".

I'll still be rooting for you at Snowshoe Herndon!!!