Quantcast

Team CRC/Nukeproof

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
as mentioned in another thread, it makes sense that CRC would partner with Nukeproof for a team.

We’ve just had official word from CRC’s Nigel Page that the team will be riding Nukeproof in 2011. Didn’t see that one coming. Who will be on the all new CRC/Nukeproof team remains to be seen. Suggestions below.

And what of CRC’s 2010 partner Intense? Will we see Nathan Rennie stepping onto a full INTENSE deal?

We brought you the inside story on Nukeproof’s new rig earlier in the year. At a svelte 37lb 11 oz with pedals we can assume weight is not going to be an issue for the CRC boys
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/official-crcnukeproof.html

the raw frame sure is purty

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Well that was the obvious next step. Nuke Proof had been hinting that a WC racer had been involved with tweaking the bike too. I'm sure CRC will want to keep the #1 team title next year, so we'll see who they end up having ride for them.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up where next season.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That frame is going to sell like hot cakes. Looks good, will probably work good, cheap, and fast pros on it. Magic formula. CRC is smart.
You got that all wrong! Smart would have been to ask DW to design a frame with a PALSS (Patented, Acronym Loaded Suspensions System), create an interwebz hype for it, ask an ungodly sum for a first limited edition production run model (signed by DW, Sam Hill, Palmer and Nicolas Vouilloz), give some samples to major posters on RM to "review" them thoroughly (parking lot test + pics in front of a white wall) and then be not able to fill demand which will create an even higher "must have" factor. When you finally be able to deliver the frames you can basically ask whatever price you want because it is THE frame of the year!

Does this sound like a marketing strategy? :D

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
You got that all wrong! Smart would have been to ask DW to design a frame with a PALSS (Patented, Acronym Loaded Suspensions System), create an interwebz hype for it, ask an ungodly sum for a first limited edition production run model (signed by DW, Sam Hill, Palmer and Nicolas Vouilloz), give some samples to major posters on RM to "review" them thoroughly (parking lot test + pics in front of a white wall) and then be not able to fill demand which will create an even higher "must have" factor. When you finally be able to deliver the frames you can basically ask whatever price you want because it is THE frame of the year!

LOL. I guess I kinda was thinking about the real world for a second. Sorry. Will get back to RM world now...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

RM is not really that important for pb kids, neither is DW. WC teams, stupid ads make it. If the frame is everywhere it will sell. Most kids buy one of the first 3 frames that come to their mind, not much place for thinking. Im pretty sure the frame being on CRC it will be on the front page a lot ;)