Quantcast

Team DM bike pics

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
thought some of you might like to see the Team dropmachine bikes, not to shabby lookin... see ya at Diablo folks

White wedding

Sram outfitted, Formula Oro brakes

170mm 888rc

gold cups are adjustable headangle, 1, 0 or -1 degree

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
sweet looking bikes. i have a few questions if you dont mind. how does it ride? how are the new formula oro's the last ones kinda sucked? are those gold cups part of the frame? also what kind of guide is that? and what kind of roller on the bottom?

sorry for all the questions hope the bikes ride nice.
-Elijah

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
RD said:
That Roox guide frightens me. Do you ride in rocky terrain?
Yes all the time, E-13 generously supports our team, problem is the guides don't fit the diabolus cranks, i'll need to do some serious trimming of the bashguard before its ready to go on

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
bballe336 said:
sweet looking bikes. i have a few questions if you dont mind. how does it ride? how are the new formula oro's the last ones kinda sucked? are those gold cups part of the frame? also what kind of guide is that? and what kind of roller on the bottom?

sorry for all the questions hope the bikes ride nice.
-Elijah
the bike is pure race, very agile, short turning radius, very progressive feel and that DHX rocks pure and simple

the brakes are great so far, lots and lots of power, comparable to hope's in terms of power

the gold cups are rotated 180 degrees to change the HA, they are insterted into the headtube

its a roox roller coaster and it works very well, anne caro and Nico voullioz used them with great success, they knock a bunch of weight off

Krispy

Chimp
May 13, 2002
SLC
Did you happen to weigh the frame before building them up?

Another single pivot with progressive linkage -GREAT!!!

excellent pivot location and what looks to be a nice linkage rate too

Shweet

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Can you fit another brand of chainguide on the frame? The only time I saw a Commencal, it was a frame only and I thought it seemed kind of tight to fit a chainguide on it.

Very nice looking bike nonetheless. :thumb:

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
FlipSide said:
Can you fit another brand of chainguide on the frame? The only time I saw a Commencal, it was a frame only and I thought it seemed kind of tight to fit a chainguide on it.

Very nice looking bike nonetheless. :thumb:
yes our two juniors have the Raceface evolve DH cranks (they wanted lighter stuff) and because the crankarm is thinner they fit on there no problem

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I don't know whats going on, but I am positive that the SRS fits a Diabolus crank. I am sure that Jonas will respond soon with more detailed info.

Dave

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
dw said:
I don't know whats going on, but I am positive that the SRS fits a Diabolus crank. I am sure that Jonas will respond soon with more detailed info.

Dave
Maybe they are using old SuperChargers?

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
sirbikealot said:
Yes all the time, E-13 generously supports our team, problem is the guides don't fit the diabolus cranks, i'll need to do some serious trimming of the bashguard before its ready to go on
Not true. Our bashguards fit the Diabolus Cranks just fine. If, for some strange reason, you did come across a bashguard that didn't fit, then the trimming would be minimal. We have changed the mold just a bit for the bashguards to accommidate the larger Saint cranks, but I've got an older bashguard in front of me on my desk that fits a diabolus crank just fine (with clearance room to spare).
The only other thing that you may have to do is open up the inner diameter of the backplate's BB hole to allow the external BB cup to pass through. This has been taken care of in production, and again, if you have an older backplate then opening up that hole by0.5 mm is no big deal with a dremel tool.
If your team is supported by us for the 2005 season then there is no reason to be concerned by any of these possibilities.

Our DRS and SRS chain retention systems fit the Diabolus Cranks just fine.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
RD said:
Maybe they are using old SuperChargers?
Even the Old SuperCharger bolts up fine with Diabolous Cranks. I dont have any idea why there would be a problem with the Supercharger fitting on the Diabolous Cranks. Fabian haa been running them with no problems for a few months now.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
CBJ said:
Yes, I would never run Diablo without a bash guard.
Yep, I would see Jonas before I even made a run down.
Those babyheads are gonna see that exposed ring and start celebrating
with song and dance. :blah:

Oh yeah, super sweet bikes.
White bikes with a progressive linkage is what all the cool kids are running this year. ;)

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
heikkihall said:
Even the Old SuperCharger bolts up fine with Diabolous Cranks. I dont have any idea why there would be a problem with the Supercharger fitting on the Diabolous Cranks. Fabian have been running them with no problems for a few months now.
Sounds good. I've never run Diabolus cranks, and only set up a couple of sets. Been a while. :cool:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I tossed some Diablous cranks on a Cove G-spot and tried to put a DRS on.....the bash guard went on a little tight but no worries....and the back plate would have to be dremmeled quite a bit to fit over the outboard bearings...so I just tossed on an MRP boomerrang with the larger backplate hole and chopped off the top off it and put an LRP roller on the bottom for dual ring compatibility. A few small spacers to keep the e-mounted chainguide away from the concentric pivot and tighten down the drive-side outboard bearing to keep the guide in place and WHAM-O...you got yourself one sweet set-up. Complete custom job that works really really well!!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Jonas said:
Not true. Our bashguards fit the Diabolus Cranks just fine. If, for some strange reason, you did come across a bashguard that didn't fit, then the trimming would be minimal. We have changed the mold just a bit for the bashguards to accommidate the larger Saint cranks, but I've got an older bashguard in front of me on my desk that fits a diabolus crank just fine (with clearance room to spare).
The only other thing that you may have to do is open up the inner diameter of the backplate's BB hole to allow the external BB cup to pass through. This has been taken care of in production, and again, if you have an older backplate then opening up that hole by0.5 mm is no big deal with a dremel tool.
If your team is supported by us for the 2005 season then there is no reason to be concerned by any of these possibilities.

Our DRS and SRS chain retention systems fit the Diabolus Cranks just fine.
thanks Jonas, i just spoke with Michael about some other business and I'll be dropping by to see you guys at the US Open, I may have been a little short of patience after fine tuning the bike for 6 hrs straight

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Fair enough. After wrencjhing on everyone elses bikes all the time, the last thing I ever want to do is work on my own rigs. Classically, mechanics have the worst running bikes out there. :p

schwinnson

Chimp
Feb 3, 2002
Simcoe, Ont, Canada
Ill clarify the diabolus issue a bit,

Superchargers fit fine, its just the spacing on the frame, the diabolus issue is that the spindle length isnt long enough to properly space the guide so it clears the swingarm.

With a little work and patience it will fit fine, Ive got mine half setup but pulled it back off just so i could go riding for the time being, E13 guys know whats going on, so theyll give us the official word at Diablo