Quantcast

Team Psycho

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
66 said:
Yeah. It's was awful. it took us 2 hours to get him to a truck to haul him the rest of the way out. Then he was flown out from there.
That is horrible:(

I put a call into Marty to see if he could get an update.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Sorry to hear about Bill,I hope every thing turns out well.Does anybody know if he will be layed up for awhile and will he need any kind of help?

Just got the scoop on our freind Wild Bill.

He is currently in a hospital in Bend Oregon. He has had surgery to repair several shattered vertibre. Good news is he's in good spririts and is walking!!
I haven't talked to him personally yet, but plan to tomorrow afternoon. I will be sure to let him all the northwest Monkies are thinking of him!

Word is he may be coming home this weekend.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Yea thanks for the update that is very good news. Stuff like that is scary. Bill is a very tough individual and I look forward to seeing him on a bike again. It may be awhile but I'm sure he will be back. Maybe this will slow him down a little so I can keep up......:think: :think: :evil:

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
All my best wishes and prayers go out for his healing. I am going through a similar situation right now with my girlfriend, although she was not as lucky. Vertebrae & SCI injuries are scary, scary things.

Life is fragile and can change in the blink of an eye, literally.

Again, best of wishes to you, Bill, and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
I talked to Bill on the phone today and he's in good spirits, He dislocated C1, fractured C6 and turned C7 in to what Bill called powder. He's up and walking and should be home on Sunday if everything goes right.

Get well Bill :D

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Anyone know if he will still be in the hospital in Bend tomorrow?? I am headed out for there first thing in the morning. Maybe I will drop in and give him some flowers or a dirty old pair of WIM socks or something!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I am down in Bend to time a race and went to visit Bill in the hospital tonight. He really is the luckiest man I know at the current moment. According to his doctor, with the extent of his injuries, he should be a quadrapalegic. But instead, he came and opened the door for me when I arrived it his room. He is doing well and in good spirits. Some of the "peicing back together" they have done to his C-spine is not holding together as they had hoped, hence Bill will be going back into surgery on Monday to have more hardware installed.

All in all, he is very lucky and holding up pretty well. He said he has gotten a ton of calls and did not realize he had so many friends in the MTB community. In fact I was the last person he expected to walk in the door of his hospital room in Bend!!! But he really appreciates all the thoughts and vibes being sent his way....and keep them up. He still has a lot of recovery time ahead!!

Update.......

Talked to Bill's wife last night and wanted to let everybody know how he's doing.

First thing.....Bill has gotten a ton of phone calls from freinds all over the northwest. He wants everyone to know that he really appreciates the support and is floored by the response. Thank you to everybody! At the SkiBowl race last weekend, Petre donated $1 from each race entry to help Bill out, he will be doing the same at the next race. Also, Shilo Bikes out of Gresham I think (might be Portland) has donated a frame to raffle off to help Bill out also. The raffle will take place at the next SkiBolw race. I wish I had more information about the raffle, but that's all I know. If anybody else has more info, please speak up.

Bill is still in the hospital in Bend. Last night he had his third surgery in 2 weeks to replace some rods in his back. Before hwe was to be released last week he was feeling some burning sensations in his arms, they did some more MRI's and found another fractured vertibrea near the base of the rod they had put in. They have replaced that rod with a longer one made of titanium. He is in great spirits, and is about as tough as they come! He really wants to come home and start his recovery, it looks like that might happen Friday as long as there are no more complications.

Thanks again for everybody's support. It really is helping Bill through this difficult time!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Drat, we should have stopped by and visited him while we were down there:(

Thanks for the update Mike. So cool the community is coming together to help out:cool:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
PsychO!1 said:
Thank you to everybody! At the SkiBowl race last weekend, Petre donated $1 from each race entry to help Bill out, he will be doing the same at the next race. Also, Shilo Bikes out of Gresham I think (might be Portland) has donated a frame to raffle off to help Bill out also. The raffle will take place at the next SkiBolw race. I wish I had more information about the raffle, but that's all I know. If anybody else has more info, please speak up.
Way to go Petr for helping a racer out, and props Shilo Cyclery for the donation. If we can get the word out I'm sure more companies and shops would kick down some product to make the raffle even more profitable.

Glad to hear bill is hanging in there, he sure is a tough old guy!