Quantcast

Team TIBCO rolls into Redlands with more horsepower

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Last weekend’s dress rehearsal, the San Dimas Stage Race, showed that Team TIBCO/To the Top was looking strong for this weekend’s NRC-opening Redlands Classic. Both Erinne Willock and Carmen Small put in top-10 rides, while Jennifer Wheeler and Carlee Taylor were powerful forces at the front of the peloton. </p><p>
</p><p>
For Redlands, the team gets the benefit of two more big engines opening their seasons: Team Captain Meredith Miller and Alison Powers.</p><p>
</p><p>
“I’m really excited to open up the 2011 road season at Redlands this week,” Miller said “This past weekend I was chomping at the bit to get going after reading ab out my teammates duking it out with the other top squads at SDSR. We’re going to have a very strong roster in Redlands, and I expect that we will be pleased with the end result.”</p><p>
</p><p>
While Miller will be racing on the road for the first time this season, Powers has already picked up a time trial win and a criterium podium in local races near her Colorado home. </p><p>
</p><p>
“San Dimas was a good indicator of where we were at, and what we can expect at the Redlands Classic,” said Team Manager/Directeur Sportif Lisa Hunt. “The field is going to be even stronger at Redlands, and that includes our squad. I think we’re going to have a great race!”</p><p>
</p><p>
The four-day Redlands race bears many similarities to San Dimas, opening with a short, climbing time trial that Willock and Small both showed they were ready for. </p><p>
</p><p>
The Stage 2 Road Race is followed by a third-stage criterium on a technical course in downtown Redlands. If time gaps are still tight after Stage 2, time bonuses during the criterium can come into play to affect the overall picture. TIBCO’s Samantha Schneider will be looking to get a crack at the podium in the criterium after mechanicals in Stage 2 of San Dimas kept her from starting the final-stage criterium there. </p><p>
</p><p>
Redlands’ fourth stage, the famed Sunset Loop, is more than capable of shuffling the overall picture and deciding the race on the final day.</p><p>
</p><p>
“For just four days, Redlands really is something of an epic race,” Hunt said. “It offers up diversity, difficulty and usually excellent competition, attracting the top riders in the country and often internationally. This year should be another great chapter in this race’s history. I expect us to be writing part of it.”</p>

More...