Quantcast

Team XXL?

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
It seems a lot of people are on team xxl, but i'm not exactly sure what it is or where it's based. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
No a guy I work with rides for them. Not sure where they are based out of, but they have a good team going this year. Its sweet.

Hey AFK, where you located in MD?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
AFK said:
By the looks of their previous post's they sound like more of a gang then anything
gang? no way, judge for yourself, here are some headshots...

will:

damien:

steve d:

the rest of us at a team function:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
AFK said:
No I mean a bunch of fools that make smart remarks to people that aren't in with the "crew", thanks for proving my point slick.
Maybe one of your gangs from Wiggerville can challenge them to a rumble a'la West Side Story.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
AFK said:
No I mean a bunch of fools that make smart remarks to people that aren't in with the "crew", thanks for proving my point slick.
Step away from the puter and go look for your sense of humor, I think you dropped it.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
AFK said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA,

Yeah, anybody wanna go Djing this weekend and we can smoke some crack and then go beat up some old ladies..................I have not done that in about 3 weeks.................LOL

Team XXL is in its 4th year running and going strong. We are fielding the biggest team in our history. Keep your eye out for us cuz we got some serious players this year so look for the results ............that is if we can put dowm the 40 get off the crack pipe long enough to race..........

Actually we are a multi-state team that is one of the biggest in the Mid-Atlantic. Just look at the add for Snowshoe and read the back of the Jersey of the rider on the Giant! Traditionally, Team XXL consisted of core riders that liked to race but always have a fun first attitude!

PS
DamienC, have you gotten the forehead Tatto we talked about?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Superdeft said:
anyone want to explain for real?
I guess this should be interjected before things get too far out of hand... :sneaky:

BigRich, Ian F, SDH, and DßR are better qualified to answer this than me but Team XXL consists of about 15 sport to semi-pro level riders that mainly focus on DH but there are XC and DS racers among the ranks as well. We have riders from PA, VA, MD, and DC with the bulk of the team residing in the DC metro area.

Despite the gangsta frontin' ;) we're actually quite a jovial and friendly bunch. I anticipate a competitive season for the team, just being out enjoying the sport, and having a good time. See y'all at the races! :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
AFK said:
Wow. After 3 days and 7 posts here you seem to really have figured everyone out. You must be really smart and cool. :rolleyes:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
DamienC said:
I guess this should be interjected before things get too far out of hand... :sneaky:

BigRich, Ian F, SDH, and DßR are better qualified to answer this than me but Team XXL consists of about 15 sport to semi-pro level riders that mainly focus on DH but there are XC and DS racers among the ranks as well. We have riders from PA, VA, MD, and DC with the bulk of the team residing in the DC metro area.

Despite the gangsta frontin' ;) we're actually quite a jovial and friendly bunch. I anticipate a competitive season for the team, just being out enjoying the sport, and having a good time. See y'all at the races! :)
I'd have to second that, though not a member, I've ridden and raced with a bunch of these guys on more than one occasion and they've always been more than eager to have another person along for the ride.

Some of these founding members are big guys (BigRich, BigJohn, etc,..) which is where I believe the name originated, but again you'd get a better response from one of the current members of Team XXL.

Ride on, guys.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Echo said:
Wow. After 3 days and 7 posts here you seem to really have figured everyone out. You must be really smart and cool. :rolleyes:

ehhh, kids! What are you gonna do????

Yo Echo what is up? Hitting up whistler this year?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
SDH said:
Yo Echo what is up? Hitting up whistler this year?
Going to Switzerland this year... next year is Whistler again, with a decent size crew :thumb:

You gonna hit Platty and Diablo with any regularity this year?

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I actually thought I would take you that day cuz I remember you were having issues with your crank just before the race. I thought I had the mental edge!

Facking short cuts! ;-)

How is going Doug you racing this year?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SDH said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I actually thought I would take you that day cuz I remember you were having issues with your crank just before the race. I thought I had the mental edge!

Facking short cuts! ;-)

How is going Doug you racing this year?

oh yeah.........a missing crank bolt and ruptured front hydro brake cable a couple hours before race time....I was so lucky some nice peeps helped me out! :thumb:

as soon as I realized I should to move up to expert I retired from DH racing...........I do miss it, and really miss hanging at Platty

I still race XC, and have done a couple 24's (as a team)

I still have DH rig, so ya just never know.......

how's racing going for you?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
haha, holy **** that dude is lame.

XXL fo life bitches! Steve, save that pic, it's the only one I've ever seen of you on a podium. We can use it in next year's resume...

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
is zach gonna have to choke a fool?

man, I havent checked the posts in 2 days, and I am now part of a gang. Sweet!

--z--

where is my hard a$$ picture? ;)

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Team XXL started at the minden W.VA race back in 01.
With Big John, PeeWee, Big Rich, Big Chirs, Vegas Joe and Me.
A loose group of local riders at the shed.

You guys know whos on my new Filzbuilt team?

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Gunther said:
Team XXL started at the minden W.VA race back in 01.
With Big John, PeeWee, Big Rich, Big Chirs, Vegas Joe and Me.
A loose group of local riders at the shed.

You guys know whos on my new Filzbuilt team?

Wow that was a blast from the past. The following weekend Big John knighted me into the team. Peewee had to give me 4 rolls of quarters for each pocket so I can make the wieght in..........LOL

What was the name of the team you Joe spun off the next season? Can't remember, all I remember was it was a cool name.

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
SDH said:
Wow that was a blast from the past. The following weekend Big John knighted me into the team. Peewee had to give me 4 rolls of quarters for each pocket so I can make the wieght in..........LOL

What was the name of the team you Joe spun off the next season? Can't remember, all I remember was it was a cool name.

That was a good one "Team At-Large".

Box cleaned out.