Quantcast

Tell Me about Diablo

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It's LOTS of fun!!!! There really are so many great things to ride there...berms, drops, skinnies, rocks, roots, dirt jumps. I'll dig up some more pics if you really want me to, but here are a few to get you started:

Yes, we have ridden there quite often and love it :D

Brookes

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
We would love a nice Monkeyfest, in fact we should select a day to celebrate, how about sometime in June????

D

dirtyjrzy1031

there is alot of people at diablo, that sit at the bottom by the chairlift and tell bike stories those are the cool people

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Wow, I didn't see this forum until today. I guess we needed a new place for discussion after the e-drama at that "other forum"

Diablo rocks. Great trails, great staff and some of the most well-run races anywhere. The mountain is small, but they really maximize the potential. It has something for all riders.

EDIT: We definitely need to schedule a Diablo Monkeyfest. I've seen a lot of monkeys there...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Wow, I didn't see this forum until today. I guess we needed a new place for discussion after the e-drama at that "other forum"
give it time.
this is the MOST drama infested site known to mankind.

i gotta make it up there this year.
my riding buddies are trying to get me to go to the open.
but they also follow that up with horror stories about crowds and trail stack-ups.

but the place looks like a ton of fun.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
but they also follow that up with horror stories about crowds and trail stack-ups.
every place will have a stack up, esp when practice times are only in certain times, and everyone wants to practice the same thing at the same time. most races will not have problems when its an open practice.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
give it time.
this is the MOST drama infested site known to mankind.

i gotta make it up there this year.
my riding buddies are trying to get me to go to the open.

but the place looks like a ton of fun.

Joey

I reccomend you go to the race and just freeride during practice. Then pin it for one qualifing run without checking out the course. That's how I do it when I ride with you at Windrock ;)

Or you can race Pro and there are minimal backups. In fact, over the last 3 years I have only been held up once. Some guy with "Hill" on his jersey wouldn't let the faster riders by. :)) (Actually, there was a Pro women that was a little slow but otherwise no backups)

4_thesportt

Chimp
Feb 13, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey!
Diablo's a pretty killer place.

the people there are superrr nice, and the people who work there are just as nice and willing to help you with pretty much anythingg.

This past season was my first full season riding, and there are PLENTY of ppl I met who helped me progress through the season.

Looking forward to this season, can't wait to see what it brings! =]:clapping:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Joey

I reccomend you go to the race and just freeride during practice. Then pin it for one qualifing run without checking out the course. That's how I do it when I ride with you at Windrock ;)

Or you can race Pro and there are minimal backups. In fact, over the last 3 years I have only been held up once. Some guy with "Hill" on his jersey wouldn't let the faster riders by. :)) (Actually, there was a Pro women that was a little slow but otherwise no backups)
racin pro has been highly advised to me by a number of guys who've been there.
at 50, i'll probably be the oldest.
but i'd lay a large amount of $$$ down, sayin' i won't be the slowest.

what do ya say, john ?
a little butt whippin on your side of the mason dixon line ? :):)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
every place will have a stack up, esp when practice times are only in certain times, and everyone wants to practice the same thing at the same time. most races will not have problems when its an open practice.

you're correct.
that's the very reason i rarely race anymore.

D

dirtyjrzy1031

young or old JUST DO IT. train,train,train on the off season and you will be fine

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Will there be other trails to ride doing race weekend ,I would rather ride then race ,but may come up on race weekend with friends that want to race?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
all trails and features are open during a race weekend, unless they cut through the race course. ie last years us open weekend doms denial was closed because the landing was in the race course. and parts of waterboy will be roped off from the dom race. nothing that will prevent you from having fun.

D

dirtyjrzy1031

diablo is the best in the tri-state area,but there is alot of cool guys that think there shi-t don't stink. these are the guys that have the expensive bikes do 3 runs, then sit at the bottom by the lift for the rest of the day, and tell how great they are. :monkeydance: :monkey:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
diablo is the best in the tri-state area,but there is alot of cool guys that think there shi-t don't stink. these are the guys that have the expensive bikes do 3 runs, then sit at the bottom by the lift for the rest of the day, and tell how great they are. :monkeydance: :monkey:
so how is it you let them ruin your day ?

walk past them, pay them no mind and rip off another run.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
racin pro has been highly advised to me by a number of guys who've been there.
at 50, i'll probably be the oldest.
but i'd lay a large amount of $$$ down, sayin' i won't be the slowest.

what do ya say, john ?
a little butt whippin on your side of the mason dixon line ? :):)

Oh Joey......are we gunna start this thing up AGAIN?????
Now before we start ANY kind of wagering let me fill you in on a couple things.

1) I have been to this place many times before.... I know this course like you know you're Mt.
2) I ALL READY have a bit of motvation to be VERY fast that weekend.
(John Frucci has thrown down the gautlet allready)
So if you're still game then I will take this as a challenge.
I will just kill 2 birds with one stone.
I will state it here and now.... I WILL beat you and JF. You will both have to buy me.......BEER.

JF........"ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE" (in my best Bruce Buffer voice)

If I loose ...... The beers on me..and better yet I will serve them to you........ IN A DRESS
Hows that for self-motivation?????- JM