Quantcast

Tell Me About San Diego

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gonna do two days there in late March. Staying in little Italy (or is there somewhere better?) Looking for rides and things to do. Gonna do the Zoo one day...any must go eats?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My buddy Justin lost his mind in San Diego. He abandoned his job, car and home. Currently living on the streets. Only known to be alive because he occasionally gets picked up by the police. If you see him please report back on his condition and location. His family is desperate to find him. You can discuss his interesting ideas on physics.

http://electromass.com

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Been there many times. My brother lived a block from Imperial Beach for a while. I used to fly into Montgomery Field fairly often and once or twice Gillespie.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Little Italy is good, unless you wanted to be closer to the beach. Balboa park near the zoo is cool to walk around, the fleet science museum is rad for kids. Ocean beach is close enough and is a hippy like beach community. Take the ferry across the bay to the hotel del Coronado and the beach there for brunch. La Jolla is the upper class beach town near by with great food of all kinds. Also Torrey pines. There are a couple of speak easys in little Italy, but you can just google them to find them, so only sorta hidden. That’s way to hip for me. Downtown I really like a place called “crab hut” if you like crab. There’s also Tijuana which could be a fun walking trip in the day. I don’t take people on Tijuana shuffle trips anymore so don’t ask, you need your passport. There isn’t too much good riding near downtown. As far as im concerned the only good riding is an hour or more east. Let me know if you need anything. Tacos don’t forget tacos, old town is a ok place to see a haunted house and eat tacos.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I want to leave the kiddo at a hotel and ride Noble Canyon. Is that really an hour east?
Ya it’s at least an hour. I ride mt. laguna (which connects to noble canyon) almost every weekend. Haven’t the last month because of being sick and rain/snow. There’s a lot to ride up there and it’s the best we got. Noble is usually a shuttle for most, me included. I could be easily convinced to ride noble or just give you a ride up the hill.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Also, you can drive to Coronado up the peninsula and yell to the Navy SEALS practicing on the beach that they are not putting out enough effort, from the safety of your car.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Back in the day Francisco Vázquez de Coronado, and his friends Chula and Vista were hanging out on the beach with the Indians. They got hungry after getting baked and drinking beers on the beach all day. Well Francisco and the boys were sick of Tacos because that is all the Indians ate. So they invented Inn and Out Burger and hired the Indians to run it so they could keep their Conquistador Jobs.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Back in the day Francisco Vázquez de Coronado, and his friends Chula and Vista were hanging out on the beach with the Indians. They got hungry after getting baked and drinking beers on the beach all day. Well Francisco and the boys were sick of Tacos because that is all the Indians ate. So they invented Inn and Out Burger and hired the Indians to run it so they could keep their Conquistador Jobs.
How did they get over the wall?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
If you decide to do Legoland or anotherPark, we bought these go cards which are a good deal...

https://www.costco.com/2-Day-Go-San-Diego-eCard.product.100291475.html

Top Attractions:
  • San Diego Zoo Safari Park (also includes skip the ticket line at front gate)
  • San Diego Zoo (also includes skip the ticket line at front gate)
  • LEGOLAND® California
  • Knott's Berry Farm
  • Knott's Soak City
  • Natural History Museum
  • Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum
  • Air and Space Museum
  • Fleet Science Center
  • Belmont Park
  • Kayak, Bike, or Snorkel in La Jolla

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ya it’s at least an hour. I ride mt. laguna (which connects to noble canyon) almost every weekend. Haven’t the last month because of being sick and rain/snow. There’s a lot to ride up there and it’s the best we got. Noble is usually a shuttle for most, me included. I could be easily convinced to ride noble or just give you a ride up the hill.
Are you an early riser?
Would you be up for a dawn patrol Noble ride while kiddo sleeps in?

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Are you an early riser?
Would you be up for a dawn patrol Noble ride while kiddo sleeps in?
Sure, it might be a bit cold. When are you heading down here? There is also carrizo gorge, basically flat but tunnels and bridges.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
My buddy Justin lost his mind in San Diego. He abandoned his job, car and home. Currently living on the streets. Only known to be alive because he occasionally gets picked up by the police. If you see him please report back on his condition and location. His family is desperate to find him. You can discuss his interesting ideas on physics.

http://electromass.com
Thank you Westy, it's good that you're still looking out for your mate ChunkyMunky.... Everyone needs that one mate that sticks with them past the bitter end.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
La Jolla is pretty cool. You can see some Sea turtles/ Sea lions and other cool thing snorkeling out there. Never rode out there though. When i go for work, we usually go to McP's Irish Pub and Grill. There is a Gelato place right down the street from there that is really good. Bluewater boathouse has some decent food, but i was disappointed in the Maryland style crab cakes being from Maryland. Still used bluecrab, but they used some weird sauce to cover it and garnished it. The sauce wasn't bad but Maryland doesn't use any sauce for crabcakes and it detracts from the crabmeat. Plus, they didn't use lump meat, which makes for a good hardy bite. Weather is nice during the summer.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
La Jolla is pretty cool. You can see some Sea turtles/ Sea lions and other cool thing snorkeling out there.
La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Underwater Park are definitely cool places to take kids out snorkeling. You can rent everything you need near by or even go on a guided outing.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
My old old stomping grounds, though I have to say, I never shuttled Noble! The loop is a beast but I enjoy climbing.