Quantcast

Tell me about your last ride...

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Road on some dirt. And some sand here and there. Twigs. lots of twigs. Oh, and some streams. Did some stream crossings. Rode over some ants. Oh, and a millipede too.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
4/12 hour Single track mission with three buddies, in the wet. Tracks were amazing, loads of grip, loads of laughs, one very short iphone video, moochi in yellow, me in orange;

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Raced a 50 mile mountain bike race today. Fun course with lots of climbing (just shy of 8k). I survived, which is good.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
18 miles of desert singletrack and rolling hillls into sandpits. Like riding on ball bearings...in a 30 mph headwind. But with 340 rideable daysa year, not all that bad. Looking forward to moving back to Germany to ride some real DIRT soon...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
A quicky 1.5 hours Friday afternoon at Trumbull before work all weekend.

Last edited:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
crashed and sprained my already weak ankle on the second run at maribor bike park, i can barely walk now. my riding buddy crashed and fcuked up his ankle on the same run, so we packed up after 1 hour at the bike park and were finished for at least this weekend on saturday, 1.00 p.m..... :(

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
9.4 miles of nice single track on Sunday, got my ass handed to me from not being that active over winter and it only being my 3rd time out this season, waiting for my new fork, sold the old one. The new fork(Revelation RLT ti 150mm 20mm TA) is fukking awesome!

I recently moved back to my old hood, I can now ride out my driveway and be on the trail in less than a half mile. :D

Said trail:
http://www.wnymba.org/images/maps/pdf/sprague-figure.pdf

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
My last ride was three blocks to the bar last night. (Dude it was sooo sick...) But before that it was my race run at the Ashland Super D, which capped a week of some of absolutely kick-ass riding in Ashland and Oakridge (Oregon). And later today I will have a new last ride.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Great day of Whistler just over a week ago. I got a little big for my britches with the speed in the berms, got in the back seat and manual-flipped off the bike and hit a tree.

I'm still creaking. Pretty sure I've got a cracked rib or two. Merde.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Quick 1 1/2 ride in 90+ humid swampy southern oppressive heat Saturday up to Greens Lick. Passed two dudes on hardtails whooping like it was a NASCAR race and immediately launched a water bar to squirrel.

He was running down the trail and veered left underneath my front wheel. It was like landing on a magic carpet at the airport.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
My last ride:

Monday June 20th @ 4:20pm Pacific
Ride partner:

Ride notes:
This is the first time I've brought my dog to this trail in almost a year. First off, we had our first kid last August, then in December we had a record rain that washed out the side of the steep paved road leading up to the trail. This trail is usually a loop with a bit of road at the beginning and the end, but wiht the dog I do an up-and-back BUT with the road side washed out there was no where for me to park until just last week. The only problem is that my dog is out of shape, or at least her paws are... So by the time we were headed back down to the truck, the skin on her paw-pads had started to come off. By the time we finished almost all of her pad had peeled off on both her front paws.
Poor girl... She still had a BLAST though, and if I try to go bike tonight I'm sure she will still sit by the door and whine as soon as I bring the bike out from the garage.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
18 miles of desert singletrack and rolling hillls into sandpits. Like riding on ball bearings...in a 30 mph headwind. But with 340 rideable daysa year, not all that bad. Looking forward to moving back to Germany to ride some real DIRT soon...
so the 25 days per year that are NOT rideable... to hot, or too wet?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My last ride:

Monday June 20th @ 4:20pm Pacific
Ride partner:

Ride notes:
This is the first time I've brought my dog to this trail in almost a year. First off, we had our first kid last August, then in December we had a record rain that washed out the side of the steep paved road leading up to the trail. This trail is usually a loop with a bit of road at the beginning and the end, but wiht the dog I do an up-and-back BUT with the road side washed out there was no where for me to park until just last week. The only problem is that my dog is out of shape, or at least her paws are... So by the time we were headed back down to the truck, the skin on her paw-pads had started to come off. By the time we finished almost all of her pad had peeled off on both her front paws.
Poor girl... She still had a BLAST though, and if I try to go bike tonight I'm sure she will still sit by the door and whine as soon as I bring the bike out from the garage.
vet has a spray you need to spray on their pads. It heals easily twice as fast.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Rode to Pauley Creek from Downieville, as the shuttles are not running because of the heavy snow. The snow seems to have an effect on Pauley Creek, however:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
DJ's this morning. Rolled away with a wobbling front wheel after my front slid out in a hard-hitting berm. Crashed hard enough to knock the wind out of myself, then rode for another 30min.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
20 miles last night in two Fells loops over a couple of hours. Great ride minus the mosquitoes and the overgrowth of thorns on the side that have torn my forearms up.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
20 miles on the road yesterday with teh BABWIFE. It was her 4th day in a row and the previous three were tough and hilly. She was gassed from the start. :D She pushed through though! My legs were fresh so I really had to go easy so's not to get too far ahead of her. :monkey:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
so the 25 days per year that are NOT rideable... to hot, or too wet?
Windy. 40 mph winds will do that to an old guy like me.

Rode last night. Put new skins on Mrs JohnEs ride, rode it up and down the street to make sure they were seated properly. Not like she will ride it anyway. But now the sidewall color matches her paint. Actually looks kinda cool, old beat up Haro (In excellent riding conditon...) with purple paint and sidewalls on the Armadillos...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Quick 14 mile road ride last night with some new shoes and beautiful weather.
(I still have to tweak my left cleat out just a touch more)