Quantcast

Tell me, what is it about Marzocchi that you like so much??

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
easy to work on, plush as hell after break in, easy to tune. hell, i've broken 2 of them but its still all i wil ride.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
The fact that I have 2 x 1998 forks, and a 2002 fork, that feel as good now as they did when new... and that some companies are still catching up for feel and quality.
Whilst I'm not too keen on many of the new Marzocchis, I beleive they're a bit heavy and tall for my liking (that was also said when they released the Z1's back in the day), they've done some great things, and hopefully will continue to progress for a long time to come.
They're nothing revolutionary, but definately evolutionary.

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
cuz they kick ass. my 888 is awesome and my 03 dj1 is great, even better since i sent it in to get the rebound rod fixxed and it came back with new black stanchions, black crown, and new steerer at no charge. they rock.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
proper lubrication, reliability, only "service" is changing the oil one a year or every 6 months, proven damping system similer to MX stuff, metal internals.

Suspension performance is priority number 1 at Marz, unlike how weight and gimmick-features seem to share that top priority at the other companies.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Jm_ said:
Suspension performance is priority number 1 at Marz, unlike how weight and gimmick-features seem to share that top priority at the other companies.
doesn't everybody need a knob to change the color of the paint on their fork though?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
proper lubrication keeps forks from eating their bushings. Rockshox and Manitou use a "semi-bath" in many of their forks. I still see more manitous in my shop with blown bushings, and since lubrication is a big difference between marz and no-marz forks, I think having that lubrication gives the most life out of the bushings.

elderz

Chimp
Jul 31, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
i have a 1996 Z1 that has never given me any trouble at all and still rides like a champ. ive gotten a good 8 years out of it and it looks like i can get another with only the smallest upkeep.

I'll be the first I guess...

Good forks, HORRRIBLE customer service! And I worked at a shop all summer for kicks and giggle's, everytime we sent a fork in, it some how got lost for tooooo long and each time they said they'd call us back, well that was a joke. I guess they had some dumb sh!t working in the warranty tech dept. that they ended up firing, hope that helped out because their customer service sucked all summer! Not to mention miss snoody at the reception desk, dumb as bricks, but she's probably one of those bomber girls that just sits there, looks pretty, and sounds sexy, but dumb as bricks and quiet the attitude.

Forks rocked for '04, customer service was crap.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What are you sending forks in for?

I only ask becuase my shop used to do this, untill I started working there. The owner sends the forks in for oil changes, new seals, etc....simply dumb stuff that any decent bike mech can work on and fix.

Untill I started, I didn't know you could send forks to QBP for "service", takes way more time, energy, money, and effort to do this than just fixing it at the shop though. Marz and the other fork makers will usually service forks, but unless we are talking repair or warrenty, "service" is going to take a backseat to everything else that is going on at the company, including bomber babe photo shoots :D

Jm_ said:
What are you sending forks in for?

I only ask becuase my shop used to do this, untill I started working there. The owner sends the forks in for oil changes, new seals, etc....simply dumb stuff that any decent bike mech can work on and fix.

Untill I started, I didn't know you could send forks to QBP for "service", takes way more time, energy, money, and effort to do this than just fixing it at the shop though. Marz and the other fork makers will usually service forks, but unless we are talking repair or warrenty, "service" is going to take a backseat to everything else that is going on at the company, including bomber babe photo shoots :D
Well we work, correction, I worked on forks for them as the shop guys didn't want to do it or try it, we sent forks in for warranty issues, took forever to get back. I sent in one fork in June, got it back about a month ago, 3 months it was missing, then it showed up on some odd ball shop three states away, dufas at marz sent it to the wrong shop. Go figure.

Never had a blown Bomber or leaking one, with minimal maintainence(more like non-existent), out of the three that i own so far. I would ride more but school is killing me, but with my bike in the room, I'm never too far away from a marzocchi.

oh and they work long after the energizer bunny had the last twich of muscle fiber.

Go Marzocchi

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Reliability. I still have a 2002 Super T on a ol Big Hit and the thing feels so good. If you put a little fork oil on the sanctions and under the seals once in awhile the fork will last a long time. I have over 3500 miles of DH on the 2002 Super T and the seals have only been changed one time. The oil has been changed a lot but the thing rocks.

My 888 feels so good too. I have had Jr Ts, Z1s, Super Ts (every year), etc and never had a problem..... never. Did I mention I like Zoke and have never had a problem?;)

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
parts are soo dang easy to get. and interchangable, for example i mod'd my jrT to run air caps off a z1 soo no i have a air/coil sprung DH fork! its sick!

also their pretty smooth and take the hits nice.
Im sure there are better forks out there but marzo's are soo easy to get u cant go wrong.