Quantcast

Tell me what kind of abuse your bike has taken

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
tell me some of the short stories of the serious abuse your bike has taken and how it has pulled through.
I launched off this jump one time this past season and landed directly on this rock half way buried in the ground. the sound of metal against rock was never so loud.
I knew for a fact that i flatted. i thought it was a sure thing.
rode for about 100 feet and nothing.
pulled over and nothing.
son of a bitch
my double tracks with minion tires and DH tubes held up.
i've had that combo for 3 years and never flatted.
i love those rims and will never give them up.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I can't think of anything big right now- But, a while ago, I was doing a 6' drop to flat off a 5" wide wall. I'm not sure what happend, but upon landing, I bounced off my pedals, or my bike bounced or something. It was wierd and sure was hard on my bike.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
This happened

and stuff like that
knock on wood no damage to taht bike yet but im sure sooooon....rear is pretty out of true so the rim may be the first thing to go

Jan 28, 2006
Ca
I was in whistler and I over shot a jump on aline, and my fork bottomed and my front wheel collapsed. Slid on my face for a while too!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
On my bmx bike, I was doing a 12' tabletop two years ago. It was easy, so I wondered how slow I could go and make it.

I started pedaling maybe 20' away. I (guess I) pulled up on my bars way too hard- I threw myself over the bars, and dove down the landing and got a mouthfull of soft dirt.

I cleared it perfectly..... w/o my bike though.

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
6' drop to flat with a rigid fork (really only abused me) on my ht. only got 2 rides on my dh bike but looped a manual gong 25mph on the road after tunnel (broke my foot)...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That sucks about the broken foot. When you did that drop to flat, you landed on yuor back wheel right? That would hurt otherwise. :bomb: :looney: :ouch:

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
mtnbrider said:
That sucks about the broken foot. When you did that drop to flat, you landed on yuor back wheel right? That would hurt otherwise. :bomb: :looney: :ouch:
rear wheel first. it was like 2 years ago at this soccer tournament at westlake collage or something. i just remembered i did a 16 set of stairs to flat on my haro i had before my azonic. if you are familiar it was at the stadium at sbhs...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I keep them to a minimum. I'm on a HT, so it better than a FS, but its still bad.

Just wait till I get pics of my friend jumping off his grandmas roof. I saw him do it before on his 9.5" travel scott high octane. Its 11' to flat grass, He bottomed out soo hard. Its such a bad idea.

He's doing it again, and I'll be there to ge pictures.

Him: :thumb: :) :bomb: :looney: (when his bike breaks) :banghead:
Me: :eek: :think:

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
there is this drop in c-ville that is like 4ft and you ride along a foot wide wall for like 20ft before it. This thing is that i was on a 23"(and i was 5, 9") 1996 cannondale killer-v with 1996 rockshox judy xcs, and it was the first drop i had ever done.(the most stupid thing ive ever done) so i went off of this drop at like 5mph and completly nosed it. The judy has 80mm of travel and i had no skill. somehow i managed to shift my weight back and not die. my shock bottomed out but held up so i could do it again. i have accually gotten pretty good at jumping and dropping and realize that that shock should have been toast and so should i.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
25+ mph off of a 2' "kicker type drop" landing heading straight for a tree and not having any brakes. I hit the tree dead center and was thrown around 6'(uninjured some how). But the loudest noise I ever heard came from the frame. I ended up snapping the TT 80% and folding the downtube and somewhat taco'ed( not too bad) a mag30 wheel. But that was the only damage to the bike:wonky2:

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
not functioning, I must have got something on the rotors combined with horrible levers(avid bb7 w/ hayes levers). When i grabbed them they didn't stop me(220lbs + 38lbs bike + 25+mph)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
230lbs + 15' drops to near flat = cracked VPS Shore chainstays and snapped seattube/cracked chainstays of my Scream

(if your not from the east coast shut up, you wouldnt understand, and i really dont feel like getting into another flat hux debate)

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
ufdff15 said:
it was a hardtail trail/light fr bike it was portly for it's use.
mt ht is like 42 pounds.
kona scab (crmo), hussefelt cranks, ss, manipou stance blunt, some pivot wheels. not that heavy of a build but my bike still weighs a ton...

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
im sorry, but there's way too much to be assumed from those pictures so...
1. what happened?
2. what was the damage?
3. why were you wearing those shorts?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well i fell in rocks at full race speed. i "damaged" my knees. one spot was to the bone with a 1/4 inch rock in it. and i also got a concussion. i dont really remember anything from that day. but my friends tell me i didnt know where i was or who i was with. the shorts were a joke.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
^ I think you need to past the link again. You can't move it/rename it/rename the folder/move the folder and have it work with the old link.

I have a cannondale Judge, used moto shocks (Gay) Fox vanilla rear(gay) and i slamed on the front brakes as i went over a lil drop about 5 ft at attitash mountain in conway new hampshire i totaly nose dived it , not too much damage to my bike but the seat was pretty torn up foo

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Make sure you post pictures of your bikes and then try to sell them here on RM after you described just how much abuse they have taken....

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
umm lets see throwing the bike from 12 feet+ in the air going fast as **** after a bailed tailwhip attempt to bike slamming into flat concrete and me thankfully rolling out on a grass hill. the on my splinter mxs over rotating a 360 off a 15 foot drop with a 20 or so foot gap and having both wheels flex and touch the fork and rear triangle. shock bottomed out and was completely forced the wrong direction. nothing wrong just needed to re tension the wheels later that day