Quantcast

tell me what you think

spa69

Chimp
May 29, 2005
what opinions do you all have about this fork... manituo travis triple intrinsic '06 ?

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Well, its is a Manipoo. Due to that you probably wont get a fair responce to it.
I rode one on a Session 10 at Whistler and it was really nice. The front wheel tracked really well and it was pretty stiff. It seemed like it blew through its travel really fast on big hits though.
Jensonusa.com has them on sale for 665 right now.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm the proud owner of an 06 180mm travis triple intrinsic, and so far, the fork is fantastic. i will admit that i wish it had the maxle like rockshox, but serious, those are my only complaints. i have ridden a 888RC and a 2006 RS Boxxer Team, and the travis outperformed them. the fork is so cool when you're diving into a corner, it lets you just rip though them. it takes a little bit of compression adjustment to get the fork to perform correctly on hits, and the stock spring is definately a little softer than what manitou claims, people near the top of the weight limit should change springs right away. i'm a fairly light rider though, and the fork has been perfect for me, it'll give confidence in places you shouldn't have any.

ride2.5

Chimp
Nov 29, 2006
what opinions do you all have about this fork... manituo travis triple intrinsic '06 ?

I rode the single crown version... I didn't think it was anything special. .. Actually I hatted it. All the Manitou stuff I've been on does not feel even close to as good as what Marzocchi, Rockshox, or Fox curently offers.

bElliott

Chimp
Sep 5, 2006
wait for the 07s if you want one

they actually did fairly well for a 1st year fork

next year should have almost all the probs ironed out; plus they have gold stantions again!

spa69

Chimp
May 29, 2005
just wanted to see what you all thought.special thanks go out to "no skid marks", i guess that means he wearing a clean diaper ?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
just wanted to see what you all thought.special thanks go out to "no skid marks", i guess that means he wearing a clean diaper ?
ever wonder why something is being sold at a blowout price?

seriously though, as someone mentioned it is really hit or miss, it will either work well all season or blow up every ride. that seemed to be the case with every travis is saw this summer. the fac that manitou redesigned the internal for 07 would make me steer clear of the 06. not that it is a bad fork, it just had huge quality control issues. hopefully that will all be solved with the buyout by hayes, and they can do for manitou what sram did for rockshox.

the travis is also on the tall side i believe