Quantcast

Temecula, Lake Elsinore, Ortega hwy. Riding?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ok so we got our house in Tuscany Hills by Lake Elsinore, we figured we can get a couple of wave runners and a boat to hit the lake and still be 25 min from the beach as well. The mountains are huge and can be gnarly as well as steep with drops and fast.

Where is there to ride local, I will travel as well to ride at any convienent moment. :D

I know there is a foam pit to practice back flips over in Temecula so Ill be hitting that up as well. But what about locals and trails.

I am moving in June 30th, so I will be busy for a few days or a week and then ready to slip a ride in.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Lake Elsinore aka "The Green Sea". lol We use it to test boats before heading on out to Parker / Havasu. Woot.
It gets so hot out there that the lake turns Pee green. Anything alive in it dies. It's just friggin nasty. But it's close and has a "speed zone" so we use it anyway.

I don't know what type of riding you are looking for but this should get you started.

http://www.geoladders.com/overview.php

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
One of the recent issues of Decline has a shot with Sam hill hitting some trail into Lake Elsinore. You can see the bottom of ortega hwy coming to grand ave. Dont know the trail though. Get out there and find it for us!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Bullcrew, the old '909' trail off ortega still has some lines on it, its a little singletrack just before the lookout restaurant...about 5-6 turns before it, about a 2 minute trail down, some steep bits, rain ruts all to hell-I do not know who works on it anymore.
XC rides are all over up there, blue jay, etc....easy roller loops up in santa rosa plateau in la cresta (off clinton keith)...lots of trails out in vail lake area, but its africa hot there now.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Bullcrew, the old '909' trail off ortega still has some lines on it, its a little singletrack just before the lookout restaurant...about 5-6 turns before it, about a 2 minute trail down, some steep bits, rain ruts all to hell-I do not know who works on it anymore.
XC rides are all over up there, blue jay, etc....easy roller loops up in santa rosa plateau in la cresta (off clinton keith)...lots of trails out in vail lake area, but its africa hot there now.
I rode 1 just a little lower than that by the big cut out, Its pretty deep pebbley, rutted but alot of fun for how short it is. A little wild with the hips in the middle of it on rocky STEEEP loose areas. :D
Proved to be pretty good for a quick trail.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
:monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: That place started many of the illnesses we fight today
Im right at the backbone of Canyon lake, Elsinores not so bad since the did the airation system in the lake to feed air to all the little submerged water creatures. We are here for 1 year then over to dana point/ san clemente/ san juan capistrano area. We are beach people most of the time.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm known as the Asian Sam Hill around here...but not because of my speed or skill. Sam and I share the same bushy eyebrows. Holler.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm known as the Asian Sam Hill around here...but not because of my speed or skill. Sam and I share the same bushy eyebrows. Holler.
:rofl:

That's a fun trail. Just don't overshoot the concrete step up at the bottom.

Are you going to be back from your honeymoon with Rhoades by Sunday?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I have a biger bike now, so lets roll...
We are opening shops there this summer after we get the 7 here opened (3 down 4 more in the next month ) and then Ill be back by fall but Ill bring the bike with me when I come down and park it so I have it... Im renting an apartment there for the first few months or so till I move back then Ill buy and the wife and kids will come down...

RANDY You got married??? If so congrats!

OB1

Monkey
Hmmm, following this thread closely. Flying back into So Cal in a couple weeks, for a few months at least. If business works out, I'll be sending for the wife n kids. Hey Mike, scope out those trails.....see ya soon!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm hollerin'.

Welcome back to the shizzle my main man.

BTW - you still trying to unload that BMW?
BMW? Nah brother, I'm not selling a BMW.

@Bullcrew - Negative, not married yet. Apparently, I'd rather drop a ton of cash on bike parts than a ring. ;)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
the bmw sale question was aimed at bully. i just felt like giving y'all a holla.
Yeah its actually Craig over at Avalanche Downhill suspensions show bike. Never riden frame #5 from Doc personally.
Id call him directly if intrested though, I have the bottom line price he wants it listed at but I know he was willing to go less for some guy so ID call him...
Frame has never been rode in the dirt or anywhere aside of the carpet at interbike. Craigs very ANAL about stuff... Good guy and a perfectionist... Hell of a engineer, tuner, suspension manufacturer etc...

Craig Seekins Avalanche 860-537-4306