Quantcast

temporary handicap tag?

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Depends on how much pain you're in. What did you do? When I tore the cartilage in my knee, I got one. The doc's office just gave me one

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm having ACL reconstruction next week.

Did you have to do anything special or did you just ask the doctor and he has some in his office?

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
When I broke my femur last year, I asked my doctor and he said sure. I got a doctor's note and then went to the DMV and got a 6 month pass. This was in CT -- it might be different in other states. It made such a difference during the holiday season!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It probably depends on state/local regulations. I doubt every state has the same criteria for getting a handicapped tag.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
johnbryanpeters said:
Get the surgery done and see what happens. You may or may not find that you need/want a permit.
i suppose so. Ego-wise, i don't want a permit. I'd like to not use crutches either, but that seems dumb.

I got into all this complicated planning lunacy right after I broke my arm in June - I was going to re-rig bikes for riding one-handed, blah, blah...

Turned out I could get on just fine with very minor adjustments to my habits. Rode a lot one-handed without fiddling the bikes.

My problem was that I was imagining what life was going to be like instead of just experiencing at as it presented itself.

Do what works for you.

J