Quantcast

Ten days to N* opener?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So is it just me, or do the rest of you see N* not opening on their scheduled date? Its still damn near winter here.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
The web cam is showing that they are putting the bike racks on Zephyr right now.:) So there might be a chance that Zephyr will be running. I am hoping that they can get at least livewire open, but it's not looking too likely with the recent snowfall.
Any word on if the trail crew has done anything with the lower mountain? With all the rain they've been getting at the lower elevations of the mountain, one would think building conditions to be ideal.
On a side note, if opening weekend becomes a bust, anyone want to go harvest some corn?:D

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
I just drove up there today and it has a long way to go in a very short time if it is going to make the date. Talked to the team manager of the Northstar team I am on and he said is a very very slim chance of opening.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
FWIW, I've been riding the trails in south lake pretty much every day and the rate of melting has been fairly rapid lately due to the long days. Later this week we might get a warm rain storm that should also accelerate the melting.

still though i'm not holding my breath.

Mammoth, on the other hand, has a ridiculously deep snowpack right now. I was there on the weekend and there were 30 ft rock features still under drifts of snow.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I see me riding the Reno area for a bit longer than I had planned on.
Oh well, even a bad day riding is still better than a good day doing almost anything else.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wait, there's ecstasy involved? I can wait a bit longer if we've got hookers and E.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Which may or may not explain why they're still open for skiing.
'still open' ? They're nearly always open for skiing this time of year. I may go there again this weekend to ski.

with Mammoth the only question each year is will they be open for skiing thru July 4th weekend.

at any rate, my point was that after 15+ years skiing mammoth, and seeing some bigger snowfall years, it was interesting to see how deep the pack was on the mid and upper mtn. Not so much because of the huge total snowfall this season, but more because of the cooler temps this spring.