Quantcast

Ten year old gets teh Taser. Holiday edition!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
PUEBLO, Colo. — Colorado sheriff's deputies shocked an "out of control" 10-year-old child with a Taser and arrested him.

Pueblo Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Teschner said Wednesday that the boy was not hurt when deputies took action Monday after arriving at his foster home, where he was reportedly destroying property. Teschner says deputies were justified in their use of force. The deputies say the youth threatened them with a pipe and a stick, and threw a piece of wood at them.

The boy was arrested on suspicion of menacing with a deadly weapon.

Last month, a police officer in a small Arkansas town was fired after using a stun gun on an unruly 10-year-old girl, not for using the Taser but for violating department policy by failing to use the camera attached to it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/10-yearold-tasered-by-she_n_378394.html

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As funny as that is, would tazing your hand really knock you out? I thought it would have to go across some vital organs (read: hit you in the torso) for that kind of result? Or maybe cuz he was sitting in a chair and may have been grounded (electrical grounding, not disciplinary grounding)?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As funny as that is, would tazing your hand really knock you out? I thought it would have to go across some vital organs (read: hit you in the torso) for that kind of result? Or maybe cuz he was sitting in a chair and may have been grounded (electrical grounding, not disciplinary grounding)?
I think it was the blow to the face that knocked him out.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If I had a ten year old, I would tase them on a daily basis.

Not really for any specific purpose, just because it seems amusing.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
There was some kind of gang of rednecks I went to school with, and apparently you had to let them shock your bare nutsack with a cattle prod as an initiation if you wanted to join them.