Quantcast

Tetreault's bike check (before its gone)

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
So since this got dug up i figured i might as well post an update with my warrentied fork and new pedals and tires.

I did manage to weigh it before i sent in the old fork, im guessing weight would be similar @ 23.1lbs

new dobermann showed up and got it built up, they ride as good i remember they did.

Frame- Dobermann Pinscher Custom seat tube cut-out and mid bb (superwet black)
Fork- 2011 Fox 831
Headset- Crank brothers Cobalt XC/Race Carbon spacer
Stem- Thomson X4 50mm
Saddle- Eclat gonzo pivotal
Post- macneil pivotal
Bottom Bracket- 1664 cones and spacer w/ceramic bearings
Spokes- DT Swiss Revolution/Wheelsmith blue alloy nipples
Hub F- Hope pro II 15mm
Hub R- Hope pro II trials
Brake –Avid elixr CR 160mm + ti bolt kit
Rim F- Mavic 719 Disk
Rim R- Mavic 719 Disk
Sprocket- tree spline 28
Handlebar – Deity 31.8
Crankset- Profile Lite-GDH
Pedals- Fly Ruben PC
Chain- KMC 710sl
Tire F- Conti raceking supersonic black chili 2.2
Tire R- Conti raceking supersonic black chili 2.0
Tubes- Kenda superlite
Grips – Animal Edwin
Cog- surly widebody 13t

Last edited:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Ya know for someone who said the bike weight doesn't matter.. yours sure is light :) Jking, very nice ride. I have a black betty and I am going to take a page out of your book to save some weight... mines a pig at 28.25lbs =[

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Ya know for someone who said the bike weight doesn't matter.. yours sure is light :)
Weight wasn't the main thing on my mind for this build, it just turned out like that, and my riding didn't improve magically compared to when i rode a 31lb dobermann.

Hating on the fox for me but a 2010 is ok for you? It looks like a pretty legit bike though, ill give u that.
the fork is one of the thing thats going, i cant stand it. this is my build i did last year and will definatly learn from my mistakes on part choices

Uber stiff link in the third and fourth pic :P
ya i wish i had a bash guard yesterday, pretty harsh miss on a concrete abubaca line.

Last edited:

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
looks good. what are you switching to?
im going to just ride a bmx this summer as one of the reasons for selling this guy is to pay for some other more important things. maybe come july ill get something new but as of right now i haven't put too much thought into what ill get

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
What dont you like about the fork? How much are you selling it for?
it needs to much work done on it for a dj and street fork, im taking it apart weekly it seems, replacing oil ect i just cant get the feel right, i had never ridden the float cartride and i can say i just hate the feel of it, combined with the amount of work i need to put into it = massive headaches.

Whats crazy is even though the american canadian dollar is basically at par, retail on this fork is $1300 up here, so i would like to atleast get 650 for it, but at that price you americans can basically buy a new one from any mail order website

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
I have the 32 float also with the 15mm axle and it works amazing for dj/street. I only changed the oil once when I lowered it and no maintenance since.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
it turns out my fork was a lemon. i had sent it back for warrenty once before with fox saying there was nothing wrong with it. soon after i made this post i sent it back in cause i was getting really fed up with it. it turns out that the air shaft was machined improperly or something of that nature which destroyed the u-cup seal and slowly ruined the fork from the inside out. it got warrentied for a 831

Last edited:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
831 for your win. Havent touched mine in over a year of hardcore abuse. Not even to change the seals or anything. Fork is bulletproof and light as hell.